Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Portland Parks Are Empty

widebody

[size=large]my hunting buddy with his son and i went to Portland, Or. today. went to one of the oldest parks in town. Pier Park. i didn't even find a penny. my hunting buddy scoured the edge and had to really work hard to find just over a dollar in clad with the exception of one possible wheat cent.
his son didn't find anything either. except we all found an awful lot of bottle caps. we then went to Cathedral Park and the same lack of finds. thats the fourth Portland park that my buddy and i have hunted with very bad results. todays hunt was conducted with three ATPs.so it isn't bad hunters. there were no treasures.the only prospect i can see is what will be left by the protesters in the down-town parks after the protestors are gone. aside from garbage and needles.

HH[/size]

Yesterday I carefully plotted via mapquest three little nearby towns I've never been to. Zoomed in with the satellite image and found the parks, playgrounds schools etc, drew myself a map and left the house before sunup. Not even a scrap of a gum wrapper in the totlots. Worked the outfields, soccer areas, fencelines, just to scrape up a couple of bucks in clad in 3 hours, mostly dimes and pennies, not nickle one. Not all three hours were hunting, driving time too, but DANG! Usually a fellow can tell if somebody has swept the primo areas, and then hit the periphery oddball spots and do alright. There is obviously one skilled sweeper running this route hard and often. This am its all about the highschool football games that were last night, its very windy, so there is a good chance of finding bills blown up on the downwind side of the concession area, the weather today is nasty enough to go creeping into the rougher parts of town for a quick sweep and run. Gotta make up for yesterday! I bet everyone is finding less fresh drops this year, seems people just arn't carrying or losing, or getting out as much. Still, we cant find anything sitting around in the house, so its out the door and down the road, swinging for silver, searching for gold! Good Luck on your next stop Widebody!
Mud

A couple weeks ago I detected a large sports field , it is next to an old school. After over an hour of nothing to show I told myself I was'nt going to B skunked, so Finally got a zink penny and left that place lickety split.

[size=large]Inch, thats all i wanted after a while was to find at least a penny. in my case, my back gave out and i was sidelined while my buddy and his son hunted. went home skunked for the first time.
Mudpuppy, in portland you don't go into certain parks with-out firepower. i was raised around these same parks but now the gangs have taken over and there's been too many shootings in the past month or two for me to venture too close. one of the reasons i retired to Kelso, wa. less shootings.
as for less droppings. i agree. i for one carry no coins and very little dollars. i rely on my debit card for most buying. now since i'm normal i know or feel most folks are doing the same. thus less coins.and as you stated, sorta, if ya don't get out to hunt you positively won't find anything. i paraphrased so don't quote me. :rofl:

HH[/size]

[size=large]in may of 2010 i went to a seminar given by Monte Berry. that week-end alone he had 58 people attend the class. ya put that with the previous classes and the ones since and you have over-load. that doesn't include those who never went to a class. so you have Bill and Monte and who knows how many others who have been hitting these parks for decades.so find em while ya still can.

HH[/size]

I live in the area and have found the Pdx parks truly hammered. So I concentrate on using a small coil to find recent drops of jewelry. When the rain has thoroughly saturated the ground, then use a large coil for the few remaining deep, old coins.

The local MD club in Portland does a good job of cleaning the parks! Go to YouTube and enter "metaldetectingoregon"all the parks with video's shows why it is hard to find much in portland or close by.

[size=large]so i am to think there's less pressure on the Portland, Maine parks? if the videos i've seen are to be believed then someone with an ATP or an Explorer should be able to clean-up behind your X-terra. except in Portland, Oregon parks.nobody's cleaning behind anyone there.

HH[/size]