Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

POSSIBLE CARVED GAME PIECE??? & .45 bullet

DWild

Found this at an 1861 skirmish site close to a suspected camp. It is a bit under .32 caliber and shorter. My best guess is it's a carved game piece. I thought it was hexagonal but it actually has 7 sides. Maybe it's some kind of rifleing marks? The bottom is slightly concave and the top is domed.

You can read more on this site on the E-trac forum under 1861 camp #3. My partner found an 1853 $20 gold piece. That's the third gold in 2 months.

I will also attach a photo of a .45 with an X in the bottom of it that we can't identify.

Sorry I posted wrong photo for .45. That was a .58 two ring from camp #1.

Corrected photo attached.

"Game piece" is pistol bullet that has been ramrodded into place. Hexagon is rifling and the ring around the top is from the ramrod. Was really heavily forced into barrel. Nice find.

jimmyk in Missuri

Jimmy is correct. I have found a few of them myself. Those are some nice period finds. :thumbup:

Anyway to tell what possible type of pistol by number of lands & grooves in rifleing & measurements? Widest measurement is .317 with 7 lands & grooves. Looks to be a left hand twist.