Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Possible early 1800s silver ring

Ray in WA

Hi folks!

Finally got out to do a bit of detecting today in a new wooded area. On my way back to my Jeep I got a sweet +38 signal that sang like a quarter on my Safari, and up from 5" in the ground came this 6.1 gram silver ring with what appears to be a Peridot stone.

The only hallmark inside the ring is an "H," which, if this is a Finnish hallmark, could date it to 1817 according to this site: http://www.925-1000.com/Ffinland_Date_Code.html

Here's to hoping it's actually that old, as it would be my oldest jewelry find!

p.s. the Avon necklace in the first pic was an incidental find in the same general area. It appears to be gold plated but is probably just a junket piece.

HH,

Ray

Ray from all of your posts, I can see the hobby has done you well, and likewise you the hobby. You are continually making good finds, we have snow and the earth beneath is frozen. Thats all part of living in New England, My only hope now is salt water beaches which I will soon be hitting in Rhode Island. When I read posts of the most recent finds it gets the juices flowing and makes me want to go out. Winter is a wonderful time to do research and find new prospects. Meeting people and asking questions is a good way to get the ball rolling in the research dept. Ray , I hope that ring turns out to be old like you think it may be. Keep up the great finds/posts. Ron :detecting:

Nice looking finds you got there,but the ring doesnt look that old to being made in 1817. Few old silver rings that i have found in Finland have slightly different date code marks than your,but it would be great if the ring is that old.:biggrin:

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I took the ring to a jeweler today, and it's not near as old as I thought. Don't know why the "H" hallmark is there, or why there isn't a .925 or sterling mark, but it is silver for sure. And he also confirmed for me that the stone was a genuine Peridot, but it is pretty beat up.

HH,

Ray