Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Possible new multi freq model released 2021 - video

It would be nice if we could get like a top 5 or so wish list together. I believe nokta would take a look at it.
I actually just hunted with the Simplex today for the first time. My main machine is the equinox.
She said they aren't going to change the Simplex but the new machine would be based on the Simplex platform, more or less.
My list would be:
1. MAGNETIC CHARGING.
2. Carbon fiber shaft
3. Water proof of course
4. Improve the threads on the connections
5. Adjustable tones, tones on US nickel is too low
6. Adjustable tone breaks
7. Adjustable recovery speed
8. Adjustable iron bias
9. A more stable beach mode
10. A mode that keeps the tone of the Simplex field mode but with Adjustable recovery speed. This would be very similar to the pitch mode on the Deus.
BOTTOM LINE a machine with more or less Equinox features with Nokta Makro build quality.
And of course at a price that would make everyone say, the best all around machine for the money available.

It would be nice if we could get like a top 5 or so wish list together. I believe nokta would take a look at it.
I actually just hunted with the Simplex today for the first time. My main machine is the equinox.
She said they aren't going to change the Simplex but the new machine would be based on the Simplex platform, more or less.
My list would be:
1. MAGNETIC CHARGING.
2. Carbon fiber shaft
3. Water proof of course
8. Adjustable iron bias
10. A mode that keeps the tone of the Simplex field mode but with Adjustable recovery speed. This would be very similar to the pitch mode on the Deus.
BOTTOM LINE a machine with more or less Equinox features with Nokta Makro build quality.
And of course at a price that would make everyone say, the best all around machine for the money available.
I would be pretty sure on numbers: 2,3,5,6
I would agree with your numbers: 7 and 10 with 10 being a relic mode set up to go fast to slow, shallow to deep.
I would add these settings/features:
- tones selection separate from the modes. Any tone any mode.
-a wide frequency range in single selectable and multi. Let multi run as wide as possible, let my selectables be from 4 or 5 all the way up to 70’s. Like DEUS, several frequencies to choose from.
-Do not alter the tone characteristics that you’ve always had as far as how the tones sound, not the number.
-adjustable audio response, so we can dial in certain targets and depths to an audio we like. Let us have a vco tone quality for each tone segment if desired.
-what about threshold adjustment in disc mode? On the f70 platform, that makes for some really crazy settings that go as deep as I’ve seen on a machine.
-mixed audio mode, didn’t the impacts vlx modes act this way?
-it has to retain the stability of the 2.78 simplex and still be more powerful. It has to outperform the simplex all the time. Period. It has to feel like a whole new beast.
-add a clock and degree readout. I hate pulling out my phone to check the time. Help me stay one step ahead of the wife...I don’t wear a watch.
-some have commented on the price point. Look, I expect a price tag around 900$. Like a pro pack or something. Additional coil options at launch.... the simplex ruined the dollar to performance standard. How will this machine follow that? Suddenly, I wonder if it may launch at 649$ or something as a pro pack. Are all the other machines getting a price cut then? Are they getting knocked in the head and discontinued?

I would be pretty sure on numbers: 2,3,5,6
I would agree with your numbers: 7 and 10 with 10 being a relic mode set up to go fast to slow, shallow to deep.
I would add these settings/features:
- tones selection separate from the modes. Any tone any mode.
-a wide frequency range in single selectable and multi. Let multi run as wide as possible, let my selectables be from 4 or 5 all the way up to 70’s. Like DEUS, several frequencies to choose from.
-Do not alter the tone characteristics that you’ve always had as far as how the tones sound, not the number.
-adjustable audio response, so we can dial in certain targets and depths to an audio we like. Let us have a vco tone quality for each tone segment if desired.
-what about threshold adjustment in disc mode? On the f70 platform, that makes for some really crazy settings that go as deep as I’ve seen on a machine.
-mixed audio mode, didn’t the impacts vlx modes act this way?
-it has to retain the stability of the 2.78 simplex and still be more powerful. It has to outperform the simplex all the time. Period. It has to feel like a whole new beast.
-add a clock and degree readout. I hate pulling out my phone to check the time. Help me stay one step ahead of the wife...I don’t wear a watch.
-some have commented on the price point. Look, I expect a price tag around 900$. Like a pro pack or something. Additional coil options at launch.... the simplex ruined the dollar to performance standard. How will this machine follow that? Suddenly, I wonder if it may launch at 649$ or something as a pro pack. Are all the other machines getting a price cut then? Are they getting knocked in the head and discontinued?
Good points.
I just hunted with the Simplex for the first time today. I used the 9x5 coil. I couldn't believe how stable it was on 2.78 at 7 sensitivity. Unless I was close to power lines or over a target it was silent. And the interference with my Garrett pinpointer was very tolerable.

My list would be:
1. MAGNETIC CHARGING.
2. Carbon fiber shaft
3. Water proof of course
8. Adjustable iron bias
Don't forget also weigh about 3LBS