Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Post Civil War site

scubadetector

Greetings all. I was hoping for some help and thought this might be the place to ask. I found a site that is post Civil War, BUT I am finding items that might be Civil War Era. The bullets I am finding are all dated 1882 - 1896 but the buttons and the bayonet and the other strange items might be Civil War Era. If anyone can help me with the strange brass ornate piece it would be much appreciated. It looks like there used to be a pin on the back BUT it is heavy.

pin.jpg
backofpin.jpg

This US emblem is super thick also and has what looks like a square head brass screw in it. Anybody ever see something like this?

DSC00266.jpg
DSC00265.jpg

The short bullets are dated 9 83 the long ones dated 8 96 I have 19 short ones and 3 long ones now. I was told the long ones are 45/70.

DSC00262.jpg

Here is one of the buttons I found. The other button has the great seal of Michigan on it.

button.jpg

I found this metal eagle in the same spot also. I don't know if its from the same era

eagle.jpg

Last but not least is my find from yesterday. It is a bayonet from a Springfield I believe.

21may.jpg

All these finds are in a lake in Michigan in an area about 30' wide and up to 12' deep. I am thinking there was some kind of camp there but who knows. If anybody can help identify anything please feel free to add your input. Thanks much. And sorry if this is all post Civil War. I am thinking that some of it could be Civil War era.

the first item I believe to be a horse bridle rossett. the US piece looks like a WWI collar disk but what I can see of the back looks different. the bayonet see if you can get a blade length and overall length. the staff button can you give a good picture of the back showing the name

Bayonet is 19 inches long end to end.

bayonet.jpg

The anchor button has no back, The eagle one has nothing on the back. The Michigan seal one says Scovill Mfg co and something I can't read.

bottons.jpg
backbutton.jpg

The US thing is at least an eighth of an inch thick and nothing on the back.

Very cool finds.

Does the back of the staff button say Scovill Mfg co & Waterbury ? cch