Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Post Sandy beach hunt

nimbus

For my birthday this year, (Oct 27) I wished for a storm that would stir up the beaches here in the north east. NEVER did I want what we received in the form of the super-storm Sandy. I truly feel sorry for all those who have suffered losses in the wake of this record storm. I too encountered damage to my home, the second story roof was damaged and must be replaced. The damaged roof let water in which damaged the recently remodeled bathroom ceiling and walls.

After cleaning up as best as I could, I decided to take a trip to the beaches and see what I could find. There wasn't much erosion, but lots of sand deposited on the beaches, some 3-4 feet in places. Well there wasn

Hunted A.C. since it was open. A few other hunters there. Totally sanded in. Did not find much at all.

Stumbled on a large 14K white gold mens wedding band....eye ball find right on the surface. I knew it was a fresh drop.

About 1/2 hour before I was ready to leave, a guy walked up to me and asked if I found a ring that he lost. He stated he looked all last night and came back to the beach this morning for one last look.I asked him where he thought he lost it. He told me he lost it over by the next beach ( where I had found it). I asked him what it looked like...he described it to a tee. I pulled it out of my pocket and gave it to him. He was flabbergasted. He wanted to give me some money...I refused. I told him I didn't even dig the thing, it was just sitting there.

He thanked me over and over, we shook hands and as he walked off I heard him say 'WOW' and he got on his cell phone to I assume call his wife.

Timing is everything in this world....if the guy came out 1/2 an hour later, he would have never found me.

Nice job the-rover! If salvation were by works, we'd have to tell mother Teresa to "move over", 'cuz rover is coming! :please:

Sounds like the returned ring was meant to be that way.

Was kind of wondering if maybe the riches from under the board walk got opened up to be found. Sounds like they were not.

therover, How is your shore house? (and sorry if you already posted that and I missed it).
tvr

We got to go onto the island on Monday. House structurally is fine thank goodness. Bad thing is, we had about 2-3 foot of water ( bay water) in the entire house, so basically we have to throw eveything out and rip up the flooring we just put down.

But, seeing how some people don't even have a house, we are lucky ours is still standing.

Going back down tomorrow to finish trying to get all the furniture that is damaged, thrown to the curb. What a waste but because it was bay water mixed with probably sewer water, it's gotta go. Next step is to get the plumber, electrician and engineers in there for inspection. Then the clean up begins.

Needless to say, not sure if we will be ready by the Summer. Not that it will take a long time, it's just that there aren't enough resources to go around with all the damage that occurred up and down the coast.

Glad to hear you found it structurally sound.
Was reading today's on-line news reports that there are still a few hundred thousand still without power; not including those who won't be restored due to unsafe structures.
tvr