Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Posting this for newer members...probably a repeat

Detector Man

notice the flower it is star shaped ... i just love it.
it starts out with a "bud" that has 5 sides. The "bud" will open where you see the "seams" and the flower will be exposed when it opens.
Its a no name (for me) succulent. I have a picture of the red rectangular pot where the succulent resides to give you an idea what the whole plant looks like. For those of you who know nothing of this or similar plant, they are not very hard to grow....frost does not seem to bother this plant...and if you wish to have more of the same plant ? all you do is snap off a piece and simply stick it in cactus soil or soil that will drain water easily.....it will root itself.
More details can be seen if you hold the control button and scroll back.....i use the wheel on top of my mouse....instead of scrolling.

The stems look like a euphorbia (e.g. E. knuthii) but I've seen cacti with somewhat similar stems. The bloom doesn't look either cactus or euphorbia. I've seen photos of this species before but that was probably 40 years ago and I don't remember what it was.

I'm usually pretty good at identifying plants if the photos are good, but ya stumped the chump on this one.

The most unusual flower i have ever seen ..you know i gave up on the names a long time ago...the scientific names are too complicated and often times there are several varieties within the same "family"...
Im not sure any more where i found this one....lol

i did a quick google search and i found a picture of the flower and this is the REAL name i found.. Orbea variegata (Stapelia gigantea) what do you think?
I have to say one of my favorite cactus/succulent is a Bishop's Cap..(common name) and as the name implies it looks like a Bishop's Cap....

Wow, that is an amazing flower, detector man.
Thanks for sharing and taking us along.

Detector Man said:
The most unusual flower i have ever seen ..you know i gave up on the names a long time ago...the scientific names are too complicated and often times there are several varieties within the same "family"...
Im not sure any more where i found this one....lol

i did a quick google search and i found a picture of the flower and this is the REAL name i found.. Orbea variegata (Stapelia gigantea) what do you think?
I have to say one of my favorite cactus/succulent is a Bishop's Cap..(common name) and as the name implies it looks like a Bishop's Cap....

Neither cactus nor euphorbia. Member of the dogbane family, milkweed subfamily. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapelia_gigantea Here's a bit about the Stapelias: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapelia