Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Potentiometer

JJdigs

Hello everyone. So iam working on what I call a frenkenstien detector. I'am using a whites classic SL one knob style detector as my platform.
My question is
1. What wattage potentiometer would I use, I noticed there is different wattages. Half watt and up.
2. I know the values of the threshold and ground balance knobs. However what would be the value for a sensitivity knob for this machine. 10k , 50k or 100k potentiometer ?
3. Since this version detector I have uses the 6b coils , the coil is not interchangeable, it is hardwired. I would like to add the female part that connects to the box and wire the cable with the male connector so I can use my other 6b coils.
I know it's alot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Jeremiah

Hi JJdigs.

The resistors are 0.25 Watt type.

The sensitivity pot is a 100K in the classic III/ ID (x).

Think the schematics of the classic ID (x) will help a lot.
Just do a google search and I think you'll get one.

Hope that helps...

regards

Thanks alot Vito I appreciate the info. I think the sensitivity pot is VR2 on the board ...So since the I'd and IDX has a potentiometer on the box. The circuit board on the Idx does not have VR2 mounted on the board like my classic l does. But when I adjust VR2 on my classic one it doesn't seem to effect the sensitivity. I should be able to figure it out...Trail and error