Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pounded camp in NC still giving up

birdman

I have a bout 6 hours in the last week at a union camp that is has been hunted hard for 35 years . They moved some dirt around and I guess I have been the only the the right spot since that.I hunted the whole area hard in the spring and found very little. I am also using TTF mode on my etrac which has real nice depth . So far i pulled about 20 bullets all 3 ringers except 2 Williams cleaners and one round ball, two eagle buttons but one has plow damage and other odds and ends.
Finds are slowing down now but there should be a few left to dig.

ferrous sounds? I don't know much about the etrac. I've used an Explorer XS most of my digging days. I've been using ferrous sounds alot either all metal or one thin line of iron mask. If the pitch raises just a little I play with it and see if it want's to ID higher. The Minelab wiggle usually tells the true story. If it's iron it usually stays low or goes lower in ferrous sounds with the wiggle.

Nice finds. You , your detetor and the TTF mode make a good team. :thumbup: CCH

Pretty much in TTF you are in all metal mode but one tone for iron and one for everything else.Two of these bullets were in the hole with iron but it would give you both signals. I was not hugly impressed with the etrac till I started with this modr because I gained about another 5 inches in depth. Loving it so far.