Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

power balance

Im trying to learn to power balance the IDX according to Monte Before I power balance the detector which would mean I have to use the discriminate mode. Do I do the standard ground balance using the all metal mode first?

william1 said:
Im trying to learn to power balance the IDX according to Monte Before I power balance the detector which would mean I have to use the discriminate mode. Do I do the standard ground balance using the all metal mode first?
Yes, you can do a quick Ground balance in the All Metal/Pinpoint mode first, and with the Classic series, it might make it easier.

When you adjust the GB in the Discriminate mode, make sure you are over some of the worst, more mineralized grou d in your area. Use the All Metal mode and adjust for a slightly positive Ground Balance.

Then, check the GB setting in the Discriminate mode. Set the Sensitivity at maximum or as high as you can w/o chatter, toggle to Black sand and reduce the Disc, level to the minimum setting. Then, briskly bob the search coils from about 6" down to about 1" from the ground. If it remains silent, your probably okay. If you get a 'Beep' on the UPLIFT of the coil, away from the ground, then the GB setting is a little too negative. Increase the GB slightly, just to the point where the detector remains silent on the uplift of the coil away from the ground.

The IDX, like other Classic models, relies on a slightly positive GB in the All Metal mode to function best in the Discriminate mode. On my modified IDX Pro, I only change the GB adjustment maybe 1 time every two or three months, if needed, unless somehow I accidentally bumped the GB knob out of a functional setting. These models do NOT have to be frequently tweaked.

Monte