Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Power usage in menu?

robertk

I've taken to "pausing" my V3 when I put it down to dig a hole, by pressing the menu button. Since this shuts off the search audio, I presume it stops transmitting as well? It seems like this would increase battery life if I spend a lot of time digging (which I do sometimes -- those deep targets sometimes take a while). Does anyone know if this strategy is valid?

It might be valid ???, but is it worth the trouble? My battery has no trouble making it through the day, and then thee is always my spare battery pack. I run my back light at 2 and my transmitter at 5. This will save the battery.

Battery Life
TX Boost with the 2.5 kHz frequency will give battery life of 4 hours. The backlight will draw around 65 mils at (20). At a setting of 1 to 3 the current draw is not a concern. I usually run the backlight off. The current draw for the wireless transmitter is 7 to 15mA at 10V. I use a power setting of 5 on the wireless headphones. Rob

It may not be worth the effort, but I was curious. I use a seperare handheld pinpointer, so having the headphones go quiet while I dig is also helpful with that. The power savings is a bonus -- saves me having to recharge as much. :)

It doesn't stop completely. There is a keep awake message that goes to the headphones periodically to keep them from shutting off just because you're in the menu. But the number of transmissions does decrease significantly.

I do that just so I don't get noise. Seems with my coil facing "forward" instead of down, I often get extra unecessary noise. I use a set of sunray headphones though so I have no wireless battery concerns.

Funny you should say that -- I've been noticing that lately too. With the V3 lying on the ground with the coil perpendicular to the ground, it chatters like mad. But pick it up and put the coil back horizontal to the ground and it quiets right down.

If the detector is falsing like that, is it possible it will "detune" trying to compensate and maintain the threshold? Just wondering...