Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prayers to All my brothers and sisters on this Forum

Waterdog

Prayers to All my brothers and sisters on this forum Always. We have to be a little Extra careful thru the Holiday season as People celebrate and party. Driving home under the Influence of drugs and Alcohol.

Prayers to All my brothers and sisters on this forum Always. We have to be a little Extra careful thru the Holiday season as People celebrate and party. Driving home under the Influence of drugs and Alcohol.
It has been 30 years since Jesus rescued me from the depths of alcohol abuse. I’ve known lots of folks over these years that have dealt with substance abuse, either personally or close family members. Some have passed away because of it, some may still, because they cannot shake the addiction that satan has saddled them with. There are a couple folks connected with our Church that could very well die from their continuing ‘falling off of the wagon’ binges….It hurts my heart tremendously to see folks fall victim to this ‘harmless little habit’, as some refer to substance abuse. I’m all too familiar with what it can do if not addressed: Every last one of my ‘drinking buddies’ have passed on, due to issues related to long term alcohol abuse.They chose to ‘keep on keepin’ on’ when I chose to stop abusing alcohol in the early 90’s. They would get drunk and ‘make fun of old Steve’ for quitting, according to what some other non alcohol abusing acquaintences of ours recently told me.- but, I already new they were ‘making fun of me’, but I was determined to prevail..I myself, am dealing with type 2 diabetes. According to my Dr., my past drinking issues are what caused it. I got a second chance to warn everyone to NOT START ABUSING ANY OF IT. JUST BECAUSE SOCIETY MAKES IT EASY TO GET, DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT……….
FINALLY, NEVER, EVER ‘write off’ another struggling with substance abuse. To this day, I myself have been ‘tempted’ to ‘get stinkin’ drunk’- as recently as 2 months ago, when my loving sister died(she’s the one that taught me to play the guitar almost 60 years ago) , and recieving word two days after that, that my adopted son had been murdered, but I overcame the temptation with LOTS OF PRAYERS SAID IN MY BEHALF. Those experiencing addiction issues are more aware of their plight than anyone else realizes. Love them and pray for them, NEVER, EVER BELITTLE OR JUDGE THEM. AMEN.

It has been 30 years since Jesus rescued me from the depths of alcohol abuse. I’ve known lots of folks over these years that have dealt with substance abuse, either personally or close family members. Some have passed away because of it, some may still, because they cannot shake the addiction that satan has saddled them with. There are a couple folks connected with our Church that could very well die from their continuing ‘falling off of the wagon’ binges….It hurts my heart tremendously to see folks fall victim to this ‘harmless little habit’, as some refer to substance abuse. I’m all too familiar with what it can do if not addressed: Every last one of my ‘drinking buddies’ have passed on, due to issues related to long term alcohol abuse.They chose to ‘keep on keepin’ on’ when I chose to stop abusing alcohol in the early 90’s. They would get drunk and ‘make fun of old Steve’ for quitting, according to what some other non alcohol abusing acquaintences of ours recently told me.- but, I already new they were ‘making fun of me’, but I was determined to prevail..I myself, am dealing with type 2 diabetes. According to my Dr., my past drinking issues are what caused it. I got a second chance to warn everyone to NOT START ABUSING ANY OF IT. JUST BECAUSE SOCIETY MAKES IT EASY TO GET, DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT……….
FINALLY, NEVER, EVER ‘write off’ another struggling with substance abuse. To this day, I myself have been ‘tempted’ to ‘get stinkin’ drunk’- as recently as 2 months ago, when my loving sister died(she’s the one that taught me to play the guitar almost 60 years ago) , and recieving word two days after that, that my adopted son had been murdered, but I overcame the temptation with LOTS OF PRAYERS SAID IN MY BEHALF. Those experiencing addiction issues are more aware of their plight than anyone else realizes. Love them and pray for them, NEVER, EVER BELITTLE OR JUDGE OR REJECT THEM. AMEN.

I was driving to the store the other day, waiting at a intersection for my light to turn green. My light turned green and I did the usual count, one thousand one, one thousand two, and just as I said one thousand three this big old truck runs their red light. Wow I could have been in the intersection and got hit. I got to the store and there was that truck and a guy got out of it, went into the store. I got my things and there was the guy ahead of me and I could smell that he had been drinking.
I just wanted to pass this on.
Yes I pray for these people every night.

I was driving to the store the other day, waiting at a intersection for my light to turn green. My light turned green and I did the usual count, one thousand one, one thousand two, and just as I said one thousand three this big old truck runs their red light. Wow I could have been in the intersection and got hit. I got to the store and there was that truck and a guy got out of it, went into the store. I got my things and there was the guy ahead of me and I could smell that he had been drinking.
I just wanted to pass this on.
Yes I pray for these people every night.
Praying is great; BUT you also should have gotten his plate number and called 911. He needs to be held accountable, before he kills someone’s family members. My sister knew a guy, a problem drinker. He finally crossed the centerline drunk, hitting another car head on. He killed himself, and THE ENTIRE FAMILY IN THE OTHER CAR. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH, WE.HAVE.TO.DO.OUR.PART.