Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Preferred frequency?

Knipper

Any thoughts on the preferred coil frequency for primarily hunting coins?

Thanks!

Knipper

I only use the 10.5 DD 7.5khz coil and I pretty much only hunt for old coins. The DD type coil works best in the hot soil I have a round here.

I use 10.5DD's, both the MF & HF and get pretty much the same results with the HF being a little hotter on brass and smaller targets,,,,,Mark

The 7,5 KHz is a real vacuum cleaner and i finish with the 18,5 KHz, i think they are complementary. The HF takes better the coins sitting on they edge and the very little ones like the roman (1cm) or the 1 centime Napoleon III (15mm in good state). Don't forget the HF are the best for a plough land.

I have the 3khz DD 6" Digger and the 18.75khz DD 10x5" Elliptical for my 705. The HF coil works fine, but I love the 3khz coil. The main difference to my ears is how much harder it hits on silver and copper coins. I have yet to find any gold coins with either coil, so can't compare there.

Here's a link to a thread that may be of interest. If nothing else you can probably gather my preference from it.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1984195,1984234#msg-1984234

Venner said:
I have the 3khz DD 6" Digger and the 18.75khz DD 10x5" Elliptical for my 705. The HF coil works fine, but I love the 3khz coil. The main difference to my ears is how much harder it hits on silver and copper coins. I have yet to find any gold coins with either coil, so can't compare there.

I have the same setup as Venner, same two coils. I like 3k a lot and am considering the Coiltek WOT 15" as a third coil to cover more real estate in large areas, but I also like the 9" concentric because it's water proof and not as unwieldy in water. OLH's post is spot on as usual, and the takeaway for me when I read this some time ago is that they all find metal, it's just that the emphasis of different frequencies is different. For instance, I found a cheap little gold earring pretty deep with my Digger, and constantly find smallish iron pieces at fairly deep depths with it. The difference for me is the Digger emphasizes higher conductivity coins so much that there is almost no mistaking when I'm over one. I chose not to agonize over depth differences and go with the freq that suited the targets I like to hunt. I never felt like I was missing anything with my HF DD as I've pulled can bits out of the ground at ridiculously deep depths with it.