Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Presidential Campaign button

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
I pulled this one out of a pasture in north west Missouri next to some limestone foundations Monday.
In 1848 ole "rough and Ready" Zachary Taylor ran on the Whig ticket. He was the first president elected with out serving in a prior political office. This specimen and other styles of buttons were used for campaign proposes. This is one of the larger diameter buttons with a RV 50 in Alberts button book. Mother nature has taken its toll with lots of corrosion.
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20201110_183745.jpg
    20201110_183745.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 191
  • 20201110_183811.jpg
    20201110_183811.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 190
Really cool find Jeff a guy I know found a GW button here in CT I became friends with we met in a town I was detecting.
Mark

Jeff, That is a heck of a good find. Nothing like pulling something like that at some isolated spot.
I hunted right on the Missouri border a little this spring as my brother lives in the Omaha area.
Well done!
Dave

Yeah what booty said x2!! Really nice!!

`
Thanks for posting. I found one several years ago and was never able to ID it. The one I found is slightly larger than nickel size (24mm). It's nice to finally get an ID on it. Thanks and nice find!

Jeff, That is a heck of a good find. Nothing like pulling something like that at some isolated spot.
I hunted right on the Missouri border a little this spring as my brother lives in the Omaha area.
Well done!
Dave
Thanks Dave! It definitely wasn't the good old days, we only dug 3 non ferrous targets. It's funny how if you go west the finds tend to get older because of the Missouri river was a transportation hub. We were on the 102 river east of St. Joe.

`
Thanks for posting. I found one several years ago and was never able to ID it. The one I found is slightly larger than nickel size (24mm). It's nice to finally get an ID on it. Thanks and nice find!
Thanks Miserman
Post a picture if you want me to find it in Alberts button book, there are 4 pages of different varieties!