Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pretty little thing

dfmike

I finally got some time to take my F19 to the beach after 2 months of detection withdrawal (too much work, not enough time, too much heat, too many mosquitoes and blackflies). My 2 first targets were Canadian loonies and out comes this pretty little thing as my third target recovery. Unfortunately it was all downhill from there with bottle caps, pull tabs, foil bits and pieces and assorted trashy items. I found a few toonies and a couple more loonies at the end.

I thought the ring was silver but the inscription inside has no 925 and no karat inscription. Still, a quick internet search says the NV inside stands for Nevada Silver Mines. My F19 seems to say it ain't silver at 62 and my CoRe says the same thing at 63. At 62 it's definitely in the gold range for a ring of that size and weight (size 8 and 2.0 grams). Many metals can fall in that range as well. I've seen rings exactly like this one on the net by making a search but the they are gold toned and probably plated. Could it be white gold with a high amount of nickel in it ? I know that gold rings are usually marked but not always. In any case, it's a real looker.

Nice ring! Congratulations

Nice piece. Congratulations!

Glad you got some time in for detecting, it's an addiction for sure and we all need to get out once in awhile.
Nice little ring you got there, keeps the juices flowing when something like that comes out of the ground.

Thanks guys. Whatever it is made of, it's possibly the best looking one I have found so far.

Nice ring.

Only way to know for sure is to take it and get it tested.

HH
Mike