Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pretty much frozen out for now.

JoeVal

Unless I drive south about an hour, I’m frozen out of detecting for the foreseeable future. We have gotten very little snow, but no shortage of sub freezing nights and barely freezing days without sun...typical NE Ohio winter weather.

Got out today for about 3-1/2 hours and all the bare ground was frozen solid. So I focused on the snow covered areas and came away with an assortment of finds. Most digs needed to get through an inch or two of crust before getting into soft earth, so I’ve resigned myself to packing my gear and getting ready for our 2-1/2 weeks in Florida at the end of the month. It will be nonstop detecting, fishing and eating fresh seafood. Here’s my last batch of finds for the time being. Not sure what that weird multi colored gizmo is, but it rang up a very loud and solid 33-34 on the Equinox 600, just barely below the grass. It’s like a fidget spinner without bearings...just a guess.

Managed a wheatie and a locket that exploded when I popped the frozen ground next to it...didn’t dig any more frozen ground after that. Lesson learned.

Much more then a inch of frozen ground and it gets real tough. Seldom have that problem where I am in Tn, but when we do, I head for the woods. If you have some woods near you, you will be able to dig. Pretty good numbers there for frozen ground. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
Much more then a inch of frozen ground and it gets real tough. Seldom have that problem where I am in Tn, but when we do, I head for the woods. If you have some woods near you, you will be able to dig. Pretty good numbers there for frozen ground. HH jim tn

I have a permit to hunt some parks. Lots of woods. Maybe I’ll give that a try today before the weekend storm. Thanks for the reminder.:thumbup: The leaf litter provides a nice insulation blanket to keep the ground soft. I’ve got a few hundred acres to choose from.

Yeah Im in Ct grounds solid except in the woods or beach looks like super low tides so beach Ill be looking for brightly colored metals!