Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Price check on CZ3D please.

Habanero

I had been kicking around obtaining a CZ machine and so happens I came across a local guy selling his for $650 firm. It's a 1021 nasa Tom tuned Los banos with the stock coil and a 5" coil in very good shape. I'm not against possibly a brand new one with warranty to have tuned by Tom either. Should I go new? Is this guys asking price in line? Are the new ones that are coming out USA made and reliable? I appreciate your help, thank you. I'm getting it for coin shooting in aluminum trashed parks and live finding nickels;)

marcomo said:
What depth did Tom certify it at?

11.7" on a dime in his soil. Is it me or does the price seem a little high? Does come with the extra coil though.

If the detector is in very good shape, that's probably an OK price for a Tom tuned 11.7" cz-3d with two coils.

Regardless of whether the seller says firm, I'd offer less. Especially if it's been for sale for a while.

Some people are fond of the cz 5" coil, but I have no use for one. If I'm detecting in a heavier trash/iron location where a small coil is appropriate I won't be using a cz.

Another good thing to know is that according to Tom Dankowski, it's common for the impedance on the 5" cz coils to be out of spec, making IDing inaccurate. Your detector was tuned to the 8" coil so it should be fine but since Tom didn't check the 5", it may not be.

The problem with buying a new cz-3d is they are less likely to be "hot" than the older 1021s. You might get lucky and get a hot one, and you might not.

If you get one that only gets 9-10" you're either going to be using an inferior detector or reselling and taking a good size loss.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. When used in an area that's not too trashy, a cz-3d operating at "design intent" is a beautiful machine.