Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prism IV - Any Users Out There?

reddirtfisher

:cool: I recently purchased a brand new Prism IV at half the price of a new one. It was a dealer's old stock item - new in the box item. I stayed away from the Prisms for years. I didn't like the name (isn't that stupid),..but I for sure didn't want a baby p&^p yellow machine either. I tested the Prism on Monte's Nail Board and it failed. I was disappointed having come from the Tesoros that have excellent target separation and fast response. After using this unit for a while now I have a "trade-off" in performance. The Tesoros excelled in trash but didn't go very deep. The Prisms excel in depth but don't do as good in trash. I absolutely love the Prisms now. I am finding stuff in areas I have pounded with the Tesoros. The key is GO SLOW and steady and listen to the sounds. I bought an old Classic III off Ebay for the trashy areas. The Classic I,II,III and Classic ID / IDX are just as good as the Tesoros in trash and still get good depth. I found it is cheaper to buy a whole other machine than get a new coil for the Prism and finding a used coil is next to impossible. Do any of you use any of the Prism Series? How do you like it? :detecting::whites:

I've got a Prizm IV that my father purchased new and used it once and put it away due to his health. I also have health issues and have only got about 2hrs. use on it myself. I went to the White's Forum and read everything on the Prizm/ Coinmaster section a lot of good info on understanding what the machine is telling you. The shooter coil is expensive but is available once in awhile used. I'd love to have one myself as mine has the 8" coil not the 9" spider. Yeah I like it but I like my XLT better.:clapping: