Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prizm 6T vs. Coinmaster GT

TC-NM

What is the difference between the Prizm 6T (black) versus the Coinmaster GT (Dk. Red)? In looking at both, they are probably almost the same, like front face w/ functions that are identical. Other than the color of the boxes, am I missing something here as far as features/functionality?

The only difference is the CM GT is priced at $399.95 and Prizm 6T priced at $699.95. I'm looking into a backup detector in the near future so I'm researching.

Thanks,

TC-NM

TC-NM said:
What is the difference between the Prizm 6T (black) versus the Coinmaster GT (Dk. Red)? In looking at both, they are probably almost the same, like front face w/ functions that are identical. Other than the color of the boxes, am I missing something here as far as features/functionality?

The only difference is the CM GT is priced at $399.95 and Prizm 6T priced at $699.95. I'm looking into a backup detector in the near future so I'm researching.

Thanks,

TC-NM
YES, the final finshed Coin GT was essentially the Prizm 6T in a different shade

Questions for you:

• What detector model, or models, do you currently use? Your Signature just says White's -- Garrett -- Tesoro. Which models of which brand?

• When you say a 'back-up' detector, is that for you to use or as a loaner unit for someone else?

• What is it about the Prizm 6T or Coinmaster GT that grabbed you attention? Whit features or performance benefit do you think they might provide you compared with your current makes and models?

• Also curious what type(s) of metal detecting you enjoy doing? You indicate at the bottom of your post you have been detecting since '74, and I had a call from a fellow who has also been detecting since the mid-to-latter '70s but has never done anything except Coin Hunting city parks and such, so that left me wondering what you do to want one of those two models.

Monte

YES, the final finshed Coin GT was essentially the Prizm 6T in a different shade

Questions for you:

• What detector model, or models, do you currently use? Your Signature just says White's -- Garrett -- Tesoro. Which models of which brand?

• When you say a 'back-up' detector, is that for you to use or as a loaner unit for someone else?

• What is it about the Prizm 6T or Coinmaster GT that grabbed you attention? Whit features or performance benefit do you think they might provide you compared with your current makes and models?

• Also curious what type(s) of metal detecting you enjoy doing? You indicate at the bottom of your post you have been detecting since '74, and I had a call from a fellow who has also been detecting since the mid-to-latter '70s but has never done anything except Coin Hunting city parks and such, so that left me wondering what you do to want one of those two models.

Monte

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Answers for Monte:

1) That's an old detector list. I currently have an E-Trac, XL Pro and Makro Racer 2.

2) Backup detector for me to use.

3) Just curious about the features and performance but specifically the price and why?

4) Yes, been detecting since '74... See my profile when you click -----> TC-NM

Thanks

I have a Coinmaster GT with the stock coil, 4x6 and Nel Hunter, but use my DFX exclusively now.. But you know, I started with it, and found all the best stuff with it.. hum.. just realized that..

Ok, let me try this again. Is there any differences between the detectors? Functions, features, etc. If NO, than why the price difference of 300 bucks?

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Both have beach, ground balance, and a back light. As well as digital displays. I believe that the 6T had 9 tones, while the GT has 7

Both of them use the same 9-segment TID display, and both produce 9 Tones, one for each TID segment.

Hello.

The only difference I know about is the Prizm 6T has camlock and the CM GT has not.

regards