Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Thoughts

DIG5050

I have an older black Garrett Pro-Pointer and am considering getting the Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk to use with my Z-Lynk headphones. It still works weel, but I have a hard time hearing the black Pro-Pointer in noisy or windy areas, without temporarily taking one ear cup off my ear.

Besides the sales-speak on the Garrett website, what are any of your thoughts or comments regarding the Z-Lynk equipped Pro-Pointer when used with the Z-Lynk Headphones?

Comments or thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks, Mark

Mark, I had one of those old black pinpointers and they are definitely obsolete, I've got the garrett orange one now called the garrett carrot, it's better in every aspect including louder.

I have an older black Garrett Pro-Pointer and am considering getting the Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk to use with my Z-Lynk headphones. It still works weel, but I have a hard time hearing the black Pro-Pointer in noisy or windy areas, without temporarily taking one ear cup off my ear.

Besides the sales-speak on the Garrett website, what are any of your thoughts or comments regarding the Z-Lynk equipped Pro-Pointer when used with the Z-Lynk Headphones?

Comments or thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks, Mark
Mark, I ordered the Garrett Carrot just tonight to replace my black Garrett pinpointer that is about 10 years old. I took care of it and it and it still works, but has started working intermittently. It has served me well. No complaints, but I look forward to having the water proof pointer. They are quality built.

I've been using mine for a couple months and like it a lot. The only downside is that it seems to go through batteries a bit faster than the non Z-Link version.

I have three of the AT Pro-Pointer Z-Lynk devices. One for each of my Apex units and each of them also have their own MS-3 Z-Lynk headphones. Why, some ask, and it is because each Apex also sports a different search coil and I grab the 'package' I want to hunt with at any given site. Also, if I want to loan an Apex to a friend or family member, they will also have their own MS-3 wireless headphones and AT Pro-Pointer to use with it.

'Dig5050', you asked how the Z-Lynk system works and I can tell you the headphones and AT Pro-Pointer work very well. They pair-up quickly, the audio is great, and it makes pinpointing a lot handier for me.

Additionally, I can link up a set of MS-3 headphones with my Nokta CoRe or Relic or Tesoro Bandido II µMAX or Silver Sabre µMAX and that will not only free me from a corded headphone to the detector, but I can still hear the AT ProPointer in the headphones as well.

Monte

I have had the AT Pro-Pointer Z-Lynk ever since they first came out as well as all the Z-Lynk devices and I can say they work perfectly together. I love hearing the Pro-Pointer in my headphones!