Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro-pointer mod?

Trix

Has anyone ever tried replacing the Garret PP switch to a momentary switch? I would love to have that option.

I kept my Garrett pinpointer switch turned on permanently with a mercury switch in the cap, worked well. Kept it in the pouch upside down when searching. Don't try to pull the guts out, is impossible to re-assemble it again.

I agree - a momentary switch would be great. I'm so used to the Pistol Probe momentary switch, that I hold the ProPointer switch and end up turning it off - then can't figure out why I can't pinpoint the target. Can't seem to break the habit. I'm going to look into the mercury idea - good info jabbo.

The mercury switches that are made today are really tiny. Also need the terminal piece from an old 9 volt battery. The hexagon plate seen in the left pic is wired to one of the battery clips. The other plate is wired to the other clip through the mercury switch. When done, insert it into the probe and drop a battery in. The probe shuts off when it is pointing up, and turns on again when it is pointing downward. Forgot to mention, it has to be in the holster upside down.

If you don't press the ProPointer switch all the way in it WILL act like a momentary switch. Don't press it until it clicks. Just put slight pressure on it.

jabbo said:
I kept my Garrett pinpointer switch turned on permanently with a mercury switch in the cap, worked well. Kept it in the pouch upside down when searching. Don't try to pull the guts out, is impossible to re-assemble it again.
Pull the guts easy if you know how.