Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro Pointer Sensitivity

Tarot

I recently purchased a Garrett Pro Pointer and have found that the sensitivity of the scraping blade is not uniform along its length.

If I move a small metallic item along the length of the blade from top to bottom, I find there is a small area about 1" from the tip where the sensitivity is less.

Could someone test their pro pointer and tell me if this is normal, or a problem with my unit.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

How small an item did you use for testing?
I used a penny and it seems to be close to the same along the length of the blade.

Hi Steve

I was using a hair grip (I think you call them bobby pins), and kept it about 0.5" away from the blade. If you hold any size item just close enough to get a signal, then keeping the same distance, move it down the length of the blade.

I notice a much less responsive area about 1" from the tip of the pin pointer.

I have checked further, and this occurs at the same position on any side of the PP, not just the scraping bade.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

I don't have a bobby pin but I used a paper clip and mine does temporarily drop out at about
1" from the tip but then starts signaling again further up.
So it appears mine works like yours and assume both are working correctly.

Hi Steve

Thank you for taking the time to test your pro pointer. I would appear that the "dead spot" is a feature with its design.

It would still be interesting to hear from another owner, but I now feel much happier that my PP is working correctly.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

Tarot, it seems to me without that small area of less sensitivity near the tip, the "pin point" would be lessened at the tip of the pointer.