Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro went nuts until reset, why?

Johnho

After a week or so of sitting I turned on my AT Pro. It was in Pro mode and went nuts in areas where it was once quiet. I reset it and all was well. This has been back to Garrett already and was updated and checked out. Why would this happen?

Electrical source nearby?
Overhead wires or underground cable:unsure:

The same thing happened to me hunting in my backyard the 2nd time I used it. It hasn't happened since.

I accidently hit ground balance once, a month or so ago, with the coil sitting on the ground and the "PRO" got pretty excited like a cash register being Z'd out......I just reset it back to factory settings and all's been well, 'cept I keep hearing Rod Serling's voice telling me to do things :rofl:

I posted a thread on this i went thru the same thing it only got worst not saying that yours is doing the same thing mine was.After sending it back 4 times they gave me a new module and coil. So far its been ok

Oh great. The first Pro I got had to be replaced for a faulty coil plug. This one had to go back too and now I get to think it may have to go back again. Hope not. This is my first ever detector and honestly now wish I had gone with the MXT Pro. Well, hopefully it is ok and just got mad at me for letting it sit there. :clap: Twilight Zone- ha you got that right on this thing. I liked that, got a chuckle, thanks.

John