Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Probably the last hunt of the year for me.

Larry (IL)

A cold front is moving in tonight in Central IL so I thought this is my last chance to hunt this year. This is the latest I have been able to hunt for several years, our ground is usually frozen by now. A couple of new finds to add to the collection is an oddball two ringer .56 cal. with a solid bottom and a large brass cartridge that is at least .56 cal. but hard to say because it has been squashed. Maybe they went together once upon a day...:shrug: Too bad the bullet was chewed on as well as a couple of the others. It has been a few years since I have found a Shield Nickel but I broke that dry spell today with a toasted one. The date is too far gone but the back is good enough to ID it, plus the shied is obvious on the other side. It has been a good year............ come on Spring.......:biggrin:

Added: After a little research I found out the cartridge is for a Spencer 56-56 rimfire repeater carbine and the bullet is from a .56 Colt Revolving Carbine. Both carbines were probably used by the Cavalry and were found on the parade grounds of a Union camp.

[attachment 217157 chewed.jpg]