Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem, maybe?? with new 8 X 11 DD

DigPan

I got my new coil 3 weeks ago and it works great on my Vaquero. The problem is with the all metal modes threshold. When I go to AM mode it ground balances the way it should but I notice that the threshold will not stabilize at a low hum. I have to run the threshold too loud to get the hum to stabilize. When I put the 9 X 8 conc. coil back on the threshold will stabilize at a low hum. I have tried sen. low and high and moving GB pos. and neg. which still does not let me get the low hum stable. With it breaking up it still is preforming well on targets. Do I possibly have a defective coil? If anyone has had this problem before please respond.

Thanks
Donald
SC

Your coil is likely working to specifications... I have a 5-pin 11x8 that I use on my Outlaw, Eldorado and Golden µMAX. That is a DD coil and can be more susceptible to EMI interference. I also have the 9x8 concentric coil and it's more stable around EMI. It's just the nature of the two different coil designs. When I'm in the field, and away from EMI sources, the AM threshold is stable in both coils. I must say that I really like the 11x8 DD coil.

Thanks V3i/MXT,
The area I was hunting had underground power and tele lines. That was probably what was making the threshold act up at the low hum.

Thanks again,

Donald
SC

that is what it is . my 8x11 did the same thing when in threshold real jumpy and i have a power line under the driveway where i was using it . it still worked well it just was not smooth like you say .

Thanks Kaolinwasher, that makes me feel better :clap:

Thanks,
Donald
SC

This morning I put one my outlaw,and went to my favorite tot lot could not get it to smooth out in almetal and had to run my sensitivity at four to get to smooth out in dic.I called Tesoro about it ,I told them that I had not had any problem with my other coils at that spot and there was no EMI in the area .I was told that the outlaw would have to be calibrated to the 8 x 11,I thought when you ground balanced that would take care of any calibration.But I was told that was not the case.:rage:

so if it gets calibrated for the 8x11 what if you want to change coils again, would you have to send it in ? this is not good

pulltaber said:
This morning I put one my outlaw,and went to my favorite tot lot could not get it to smooth out in almetal and had to run my sensitivity at four to get to smooth out in dic.I called Tesoro about it ,I told them that I had not had any problem with my other coils at that spot and there was no EMI in the area .I was told that the outlaw would have to be calibrated to the 8 x 11,I thought when you ground balanced that would take care of any calibration.But I was told that was not the case.:rage:

Pulltaber, I always thought the same thing based on what I have always been told about swapping coils and ground balancing.

I have kind of a strange problem and may be similar....
I have an outlaw and a golden umax and use the csc on both.
In both cases There are places I hunt that the machines will give me constant chatter and noise.
Sometimes i can reduce the noise by turning the sensitivity down and discrimination up.
I try to reduce it so I can still find everything but some locations it is a major and constant problem.
I hunt one park that covers about 25 ace rs its roughly 1 city block in area.
Yet as I walk around it there are spots that seem to go nuts... I've tried battery changes and everything.
I'm thinking it is buried electric wires. but defiantly frustrating.
I was beginning to think the coil has gone bad... I do have a habit of leaving the detectors in my trunk.
But, it works fine in one spot and the crazy in another. And the places it is quite it stays quiet.. Not random...
Just in that park its very area related....like maybe the wires go to the cell tower ???

you are probably right about under ground interference I find that in some parks the underground cables for night game lighting will give me a hard time just where they are though not a few feet past them, so could be communication towers also.

if all the stuff that floats around in the air these days via modern communication was visible we probably wouldn't go out side :blink:

AJ