Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem Mounting 8" coil on my XS

amustel

I'm having some difficulties to install a Minelab 8" coil on my Explorer XS. Problem is the cable of this coil seems to have a bit more diameter than the cable of the stock 10" coil, then it is a pain to insert it in the slot of the lower stem. Even when I succeed after applying a lot of pressure to it all along, the lower stem slides very snugly into the upper shaft (I guess because cable is thicker). Nothing of the above happens with the stock coil, so I was wondering if this has happened to anyone and if there is a cure for this problem. I can't understand why they made the cable of the 8" coil a bit thicker than the stock one.

Thanks!

Thanks, Ralph, but the video is a tip for people that needs to pass the cable through the rod, my problem is quite different.

Also, if you notice on the Cable, some of them if turned has flat edges on the Cable itself. If it doesn't have flat edges...then just take a cloth, spray some WD-40 on it, wipe the Cable with it and then try applying the Cable into the slot of the lower shaft. It should almost do like a pop into place feel when inserted right. Hope this helps! Good Luck and HH!

n/t