Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem turning on the GT

BHNugget

Made it to a freshwater beach this weekend with my new GT. When I got there I turned the volume switch on and the machine wouldn't power on. I thought great, I left the volume switch on and the battery is dead. I switched out the battery pack with the alkaline pack and same problem, the machine wouldn't turn on. I took the battery pack out a couple times and put it back in because I couldn't believe that both batteries were dead. Eventually after snapping the alkaline pack in the machine turned on so I started hunting. While hunting I found that any pressure on the battery pack, such as kneeling down and setting the machine on my leg or the ground would cause the machine to power off and I'd have to jiggle the control housing to get it back on. Ant ideas what is causing this intermittent power problem?

Sure sounds like the battery contacts where it connects into the GT are not making a good contact. I would clean them and make sure the clips on the pack is not bent in so they can not contact the connection point on the GT.
I hope it is just something that simple.

Rick

I agree with Rick i had the same problem just bend the battery tabs out just a little so both make good contact after doing that i had no problem with my GT shutting on and off . GL Jim

Well, the good news is the rechargeable battery pack was dead and the GT didnt do it with that pack once it was charged up. As for the alkaline pack, I found that if I lay an old credit card on top of the batteries before I close the lid of the pack it no longer gave me problems. I also made it to the lake for the first time with the new GT and had a great day. I left my camera at work so I'll post some pics tomorrow. :thumbup: