Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with AT Gold after sitting for over a year

Hi All:

This may sound like a stupid question but I thought I would ask it anyway.
I removed the batteries and put my AT Gold away for a little over a year. Earlier this summer I put new Duracells in it and messsed with it in the yard. It does not seem to ground balance like it used to. As I recall when I used to ground balance it I would press the ground balance and bob the detector up and down until it quieted down. Now it just continues to make that ground balance and does not stop. Tried several locations and that changes nothing. Trying to detect with the detector is just annoying regardless of how I set it and it just does not seem like it used to be

Right now it seems to be a better noise maker then it does a detector. Any ideas?

Ray

Try resetting the machine. Turn it on and continue to hold the on button until it switches back to factory mode. That sometimes fixes the glitches.

Well, try this. Put a coin on the ground and try ground balancing on the coin and see if you numbers change?

If you have a coil cover remove it and wipe the dirt off the coil. Try powering it on and let it remain ON for a time an hour or so before you try the ground balance and reset again. If it is still stuck try removing the batteries for a day, reinstall and try the reset and GB again. Any device with a processor can get a glitch in the system and become stuck in a start up mode and not properly react to the controls. Sometimes power on and no power times move a processor out of the hang up point. Good luck

MINE WILL NOT GB IN MY BACKYARD EITHER. TOO MANY UNDER GROUND WIRES ALL DIRECTIONS, TV CABLE. PHONE LINE. UNDER GROUND ELECT WIRES.
TRY A SCHOOL YARD AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

The sound it makes as it ground balances shouldnt make a difference. Just watch the numbers on the screen ,......manually set the ground balance way low , then auto ground balance while watching the numbers on the screen , make sure they are changing , ....once they settle on a value and dont change any more it should be balanced.