Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with DC120

A

Anonymous

I have a Kodak DC 120 and have a smug on the inside of the lens. Dead center on the lens. How the heck do you get that lens off. I took it to a camera shop and they were goning to send it out. They contacted Kodak and were told that they no longer service that camera and that they would give me a hundred dollar trade in on a new one. For a damn smuge????
Anybody know how to get that lense off??
Royal

world did you get a smudge on the inside of a fixed lense?

I can't figure it out unless there was some condensation going on. It is dead center!! I took it on vacation but after taking a couple dozen pics and loading them on the laptop, I noticed the damn thing. Quit using it. Love to get one of those 3 meg cameras but can't afford it right now. Just got the dang visa bill for the vacation and it was a hummer!! $3700!!! Damn! Shore had fun those two weeks!! Took a glider ride, over the Rockies too!! ;0)

And take it apart for sure. Go to a jeweler or someone who's used to taking tiny stuff apart. How complicated can cleaning the lens be. Use your imagination. Someone will have a heads up on who knows how to work on tiny stuff. Get on Kodak for not wanting to clean it. Sure seems awfully simple to me...
Good luck Royal... Guvner..

a few hours and see what happens. Get some cold dry air on it.