Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with my Vista Gold

Robert Szabo

I havent been able to detect for about a week but got out today for a while. The last time I used the detector everything was fine.

Today I was detecting for a while and the only thing I could get a hit on was iron. Lots of iron. That didnt suprise me because of the site I was on. What did suprise me is NO good signals. So I pulled out a quarter from my pocket and put it on the ground. I swung the detector over the quarter and it read as iron, a low tone. I had the discriminator at 12 o'clock, half way. This is how Ive been using it. If I turn the discrimination all the way up or all the way down and the quarter reads like it should, a high tone. Anywhere in between and it reads as a low tone.

My detector doesnt have the upgraded knobs, its the older ones that can turn around and keep going with no real stop.

Anyone else experience this? I really dont want to send it back to Bulgaria. I was really hesitant about getting this detector in the first place. However, it has worked so well for me I want to get it working. Im capable of replacing the pots myself if thats a possiblity.

Which coil ?? Did you try with or without the Booster ? Do you got another coil, try that. !
The knubs can be taken off and try to put a little piece of paper at the pot.shaft.. That could make it . Adjust the knubs after the small paper.
Make some test at home and If it still gives you problem, mail to Rosi at Deeptech. Office@deeptech-bg.com - he would like to have your serial number, be ready with that.
I saw this problem Once with the small eliptical coil only in Booster mode. - " reason lose plug".
GB in the area from 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock shouldn't could do this !!!!
A video you can show Deeptech is also a posibility to get Quick help from the Factory.
Henrik.

Thanks guys. Ill mess with it and get back to you. I did email Rosi. He replied and will send me the pots if I decide to do that. He said it would be best to send back. He also said he cant discuss details but there may be a service center in the US soon.

Ok, I put the small coil on my detector and its fine. Put the stock coil back on and it still reads a quarter as a low tone with the discriminator set to anything but all the way up or all the way down.

I bought my Vista Gold used so Im not sure if I have the upgraded coil. My stock coil has a serial number of 121176. This number is actually higher than the small coil. Are these the original coils or the upgraded coils?

Ive been in contact with Rosi. He has been very fast in replying. The serial number I listed isnt correct. It is 12176. I bought this detector used. Ill use the small coil till I can get this one repaired.

It just went dead. Sent it back, I think the postage was around $15. They sent a new one and had it in 2 weeks.

Ive been in contact with Rosi. He has been great. Repied only hours after I emailed him.

Im going to send the large eliptical coil back.

The detector is working fine with the small coil. Actually Im really impressed at how good it is. Ive been digging target after target in places loaded with iron. Really amazing!

Glad to hear you are happy and surprised with the little coil... My theory is that we should use smaller coils more often because iron is masking the good finds. I even made some test with rusty nails near some goodies, and I was surprised... I allso did a test XP Deus vs my Vista Gold close to iron, and we all know that those two detectors is Very fast both.
The Vista Gold and Deus was Very similar, but my Vista did win my sympati, it was so easy to hear small nonferrous object in a infested area.
Henrik.

Dear Robert,

The big elliptical is on it's way to you. I know that you bought the detector as second hand,
but... take a look at your, already old, coil.

Just imagine if your car's engine looks like this how will be faithful to you:

[attachment 293319 FILE0001-1.jpg]

[attachment 293320 FILE0003-2.jpg]

Thanks VERY MUCH Rosi for sending me a new coil!

Im a huge fan of this detector and have said so.

Im now also a HUGE fan of your great service!

Robert

When you say the "little coil" are you referring to the 5x8? I was wondering how this coil was and if you lose depth. I have a vista smart, got it from a local dealer liquidation his personal collection. I really love it and it has been fun getting it out on some hunts i'm here because i really want to dial this machine in. Any thoughts on the 5x8 is appreciated. I have never used the 11inch round coil i have a dd on it now.