Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with V3 at FRESH water beach - suggestions appreciated

Schrecky

I've had my V3 for 2 months and have had fairly good results at inland locations. This time of the year I like to hunt the fresh water beaches in my area. I've been to the these beaches 5 or 6 times with the V3 and have just not been able to get it to work properly. Today, I was determined to work through the problem. I took the V3 and my 4 coils (10"dd, Super 12, 9.5" and 5.3" (all V rated)) with me. In pinpoint mode I could hit a quarter with good depth but in Discrim mode I could not get more than 2" regardless of the coil or program used. There is no EMI in the beach area. I could pick up the quarter on top of the ground fine but if I pushed it down into the sand with my thumb I would lose it by 3". Just before losing the signal the VDI's for the quarter would go to the -90's. I tried a couple of different locations to do the tests. I ground balanced numerous times over the area I was using to do the test. I tried changing filters which didn't help. This is pretty frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

This one has me stumped makes no sense on a fresh water beach. Is there alot of small iron there in the sand or alot of black sand? Are you getting false signals. and do all coils give the same results? :confused:

What were your settings?

The 950 should of been able to be cranked up super hot. I have not hunted a freshwater beach but on a salt beach the 950 smokes.

Are there lighted piers or docks around?

That is so weird? (Jason 'bout covered the bases I'd suggest.) Huh? What is your ground reading? Reboot?

I would like to know what program and settings.

I've gotten some false signals or at least couldn't find the target and this has happened more than once but it hasn't happen in HI PRO. I don't know what the solution is except keep digging and find a program that works. If the false target is consistent block it out and move on I did this this with a site where I was constantly getting +89 and I would dig and nothing there eventually said good by blocked it out and didn't have an issue with the rest of the park. Best of luck..

Dont have a v3 but run mxt idx and xlt and it is a fresh water beach here on lake erie ,gnd on mxt 89 stock coil xlt dc phase -92 -93 -90 on xlt mixed mode seems to work best if it hasn't rained on the sand for a day or two and on mxt 10 inch dd relic mode.Here with the whites they seem to work better in all metal mode not prospecting mode through on mxt prospecting mode works and is easier to listen to than prospecting mode on xlt. Don't know if this helped but i understand what you are saying.People don't understand how a fresh water beach could do that ,lot of neg minerals.Whites needs to come to this beach and see if they have one they can make work here good and then i think it would work on any fresh water beach.

Thanks for the input. I hope to get up to the beach again next week. I'll try to get additional information. Several things could be helping to make this difficult. The sand on these beaches are often replenished by bringing in sand from elsewhere, it is a giant undertaking. I don't know where they get this sand but it leaves it wide open for unusual results. Also, the sand was dry on top couple of inches and damp underneath.