Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with Xterra70

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of problem with their XTERRA 70. The problem is that every once in a while, my audio gets very scratchy and starts to fade out. I have had this happen in various settings from wide open farm fields out in the country to school yards and parks. I have tried different coils and headphones, the problem seems to reside in the detector. Also; sometimes when this happens the detector freezes up, in that it is still on and the display has icons on it, but it doesn't register any metal targets. If I shut the detector down and power it back up it goes back to normal operation. Is the detector telling me that it needs to go in for a checkup or are these normal Xterra quirks.

Nope, not normal. I've had an X-terra 70 for about 2 years now and it never does what you describe. Hope you still have it under warranty. I had to chuckle when I saw your post because I'm originally from Delaware, my name is also Bill and my main detector is an X-terra 70 (I know the problem is not funny, but if you want to discuss the relative merits of the 70, PM me and I will be happy to share). Its a great machine for coins and jewelry, especially in heavy trash and using the 6" DD coil.

Have you ever done a full reset?
It is suggested as a way to exorcise some of the demons, and should be done periodiclly.

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, no I have never done a full reset but will do it and see if my problems persist or go away. I will let you know if it works or not, and again thanks.

Delaware Bill said:
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of problem with their XTERRA 70. The problem is that every once in a while, my audio gets very scratchy and starts to fade out. I have had this happen in various settings from wide open farm fields out in the country to school yards and parks. I have tried different coils and headphones, the problem seems to reside in the detector.

Yes on my XT-70 this also happens to me, no external speaker audio without the(with no) headphones plugged in, I am sure it is a problem with the headphone jack area on the detector. But when I plug in the headphone then I can hear audio through them. I just lived with the problem and always use headphones.

The only other problem I had is the ears broke on my stock 9" MF CCoil.

Have had the same problem with my 705. What's going on here? I have had mine in the elements but never soaked. Its the northwest it's gonna get moisture in it sitting in my house. Lol

I notice mine the speaker gets quieter then all together it goes quiet. I just got headphones and it has not done it "yet". The reset seems to work but it has gone back to doing it shortly after. Brand new coppertops. I can see the numbers flashing but no audio out the speaker. I am almost positive I have passed over at least 10-12 treasure chests and 30-40 gold mines because of this. JK LOL. anyway if I got to send it back it's cool. I registered mine online. Bought in august this year. Gold pack.

I had that problem with my 505 when I had it. Took the back cover off to see if there was a bad solder joint or something on the speaker. There wasn't. Put it back together and it has not done it again. So I guess just moving things around changed something. Can't say it won't happen again, but I've since bought an XT-705 and haven't used the 505 for a while.

Did a reset and was able to use it for about 2 hours without a recurrence of the problem. Hope that all that was needed was the reset. Thanks everyone for all the help.

I had a similar audio problem on my 705 a few weeks back and someone on this forum told me they too had a problem and to simply not have the detector coil over the target when putting it into pinpoint. I tried it and so far have not had a problem again.
It's Free and hopefully will work.
Joe