Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

programs for explorer xs

chuck ky

when i just have a short while to hunt sometimes i try a program just for dimes and quarters. a couple of times and maybe in the same park when i set the black screen and get ready to program in the coins i start getting some type interference. when this happens the white boxes start popping up all over the screen before i can get it programmed. would it help to put the senitivity low to program it. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

If you are just looking for clad dimes and quarters, then only dig those signals. You shouldn't need a program to tell you what they are. They are obvious signals / sounds. Use this as a learning tool to learn your machine.

if your going to make a coin pattern whilst your out in the field yes lower the sensitivity before you make a pattern as you will probably pick up more than just the coin signals you are trying to put in. you can raise it up again after your done.
i would suggest if your going to make a coin pattern you do it some ware away from electrical interferences and have the machine raised up some ware steady of the ground.

basically the machine has to be as stable as possible before you start & preparing all this in some spare time before a trip out is always the best way.

clad dimes and quarters come in the same as silver ones. i use this so i just get the higher signals when i don't have much time to hunt. i did the same thing with my sovereign with great success.. a lot of signals on the sovereign and the explorer sound so close in tone to the coins that this helps eliminate some.

if you set a program and then turn the machine off the machine is back to the black screen when you turn it back on. i did set this program today with low sensitivity and it worked fine. now i have to figure out how to down load the saved program when i want to use it. thanks.

COIN LEARNING PATTERNS

I will describe how to set up your Explorer to teach it to select particular types of coins.

1..Push the MENU button and select OPTIONS then Choose ADVANCED.
2..Push the DETECT button twice to bring up the ADVANCED LEARN screen.
3..Push the lower left shift button till the large black cursor shows.
4..Push the top right shift button once and the screen will go black, rejecting all targets.
5..Push the top left ACCEPT shift button once. The ACCEPT ICON will begin to flash. now One at a time, pass the coins you would like to find over the coil a few times so it will register a good audio from each of the coins used.
6..Push the ACCEPT shift button once more to disengage the learning circuit.
7..push the bottom right save shift key to Save the pattern, this will bringing up the 6 save slots. store in one of these.
8..push the DETECT button twice to go back the the new detect pattern screen.
you can go back and add or reject to this pattern at any time.

SELECTING A SAVED PATTERN

I will describe how to select a particular saved coins pattern.

1..Push the MENU button.
2..Push the middle left SELECT shift button.
3..Push the lower left DOWN ARROW shift button till you come down to S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6.
4..Push the right shift button once matching the S NUMBER you saved the pattern in & a tick should show next to that number. you will now see your saved pattern in the top left of the screen.
5..Push the MENU button once to accept the pattern.
6..push the DETECT button once to go to the new detect screen & your now ready to search using your saved pattern.
if you switch of your machine off at this point then back on again the machine should return back to your coin pattern screen.

Man, I feel like I am learning volumes about my newly acquired explorer xs ....... Thanks for sharing all this info.... :please:

Unless you are only searching for recently lost clad you are doing yourself a huge disservice by learning in coins. Stuff in the ground doesn't often ring up in the programmed in areas. You will miss 90% of what you could be finding.

And yes your sensitivity is up way to high if you are seeing white spots. Which you would know if you didn't have a blacked out screen; you would hear your machine chattering away. All that discrimination only makes for one continuous null which tells you nothing.

Lots of posts on this over the years. Search the archives. The concept of learning in coins is a nice one; except that it doesn't work in the field. Less discrimination is better.

Chris(SoCenWI)