Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Proper method for using noise cancel

Jeff (IL)

Hey all,

I recently purchased a "new to me" Explorer XS. I've read and re-read the owners manual and Mastering the Minelab Explorer books, but am still a little unclear about the proper use method for using noise cancel.

Do I find a spot on the ground that's clear of metal, and hit the noice cancel button with the coil resting on the ground? Or do I hold the coil waist high and hit noise cancel?

I just hold the coil off the ground about 12 inches and very still so it cant see anything and give a signal or null and hit the noise cancel and wait for it to get done.I do this with all of my Explorers I have used and now it says this same thing in the SE owners manual.

Hi Rick_ND,

Say, I've read some conflicting info on the need to Noise Cancel. When I first got me SE I walked through the whole startup process, but for the last 5-6 weeks I've just been turning it on and going hunting. I've had zero interference issues. I

I push the button and hold the detector waist high and turn in circles just looking for interference. I figure if it is going to hit me at different angles, I want the SE to know what's coming. Seems to work fine for me.

HH
Chris

Jeff, I set my Explorer XS on the ground. After turning it on I find a clean spot and hit noise cancel. The only time I've found that it seems to matter is when another Explorer is near.