Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prospect mode or regular when searching for a ring

I am searching for a ring that was lost 10 years ago and had a question. I have a x-terra 705 and the soil in my area is very mild. Would I have a better chance of finding the ring in prospect mode with the HF coil or regular mode with the HF coil. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. HH

It would depend on trash level in the area more than anything else. Prospector Mode will find everything that is non-ferrous.
Depth shouldn't be an issue.
I would search in C/T Mode, and dig anything that gives a consistent ID anywhere between 4 and 40.

I would not use prospect mode...do you have any idea as to what the ring looks like? Is it a band? Class? Thick or thin? white or yellow?
Forget the soil, how clean is the area? Are there many targets to deal with, clean or trashy? Do you have an idea where it was lost?

It is a yellow gold band. My uncle lost it while planting some trees on our families land. Two acre area at the most. They fenced it in before planting any of the trees. Not much trash at all. Maybe some beer cans and a few pull tabs Thanks for the help guys. I will give it another shot tomorrow.

To Start...I would dig the TIDs 12 through 28 that have a good repeatable signal that does not jump any more than a couple of numbers as you swing back and forth over the target

If you don't have much trash and you're happy to dig everything, then give the prospect mode a go. Just remember that in coin mode, rings will show up in the foil and pull tab range so even if you do have trash, you'll probably have to dig a lot anyway. If it was me, I would decide beforehand what TIDs to dig and what to leave. Be methodical and you'll probably find it eventually.