Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prospect right under my nose

Dustyroundup

Howdy.
Well, I went to a clients house yesterday, to check on a lame horse , to see if I should put a bar shoe on him.

Anyhow, I do alot of trading with this guy, for steel , to work with in my forge.
And he says , to follow him to the "Chicken coop" as there are some steel items froze in the ground, inside, that I might want come spring thaw.

So, We are in there, and I asked about the coop (that Ive seen a million times)
I said , wow, its all logs, and the dirt floor is nice, its huge for a chicken coop, did you build this?
he says " Nope, its the first cabin that was built in this canyon , by so and so""they lived in this"

I'm thinking that puts it anywhere from 90 to 140 years old.

Oh boy !!!!! my head started going crazy with thoughts.
so I stayed as calm as possible, (Dont want to get to excited in front of him)
so as we walked to my truck, I asked if I could detect it.
and I got a yes!!!!!!!!!!!

WoooHooo!
I just cant believe , all this time , I thought I was looking at a chicken coop.

Granted, its going to be crazy, because its been used as a catch all for alot of years, and then theres the chicken poop.

But, oh boy , I cant wait till thaw.

Good Luck to you all

Dusty

Just goes to show, you might be looking at a chicken coop, and its real history goes alot deeper.

Good luck hope it pans out.
Make sure you check the walls and ceiling.( detect )
All the area outside around the coop also.

WooHoo is right! Do you have your game plan? I bet you can't wait for the it to get warmer? You'll have a blast hunting and good luck. HH, Nancy

Well, I've been thinking alot about it, and I'm sure theres alot of steel in the ground.

I was thinking that I could actually dig every signal, as its only about 30ft x 35ft??? probably smaller .

Its not going anywhere, and its not a public area, so I can work it slow.

Outside, theres a horse coral on about 2 1/2 sides, and I'm thinking, during rains and melt off , the hoof action probably pushed everything down deep.
I dont know, I'll still give the outside a good looking over.
And the outside ground will probably thaw first, so I think thats where I'll be starting.

Yep, Im going to dig Everything!

Dusty

That sounds like a good plan. I wish you all the luck and can't wait to hear about it. HH, Nancy