Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

prospecting mode settings

calibil

Any one used the prospecting advanced ground settings to moniter the soil- what do the settings mean? I used all three freq, nice colors
but is there point.

If you are in areas where there are likely to be gold deposits it can be very useful. Gold is typically found near mineral deposits so monitoring changes in the ground is very important.

If you are looking for gold jewelry in parks or on the beach, you are better off using the default search & analyze settings, or Polar Plot.

I DK if the V3i differs too much from the GMT and MXT re. reading the ground and such, but I found it to be a nice theory that had little practical value when I was prospecting. First, it's easy enough to just eyeball a stream bed to see where the blacks & gold would lay down and, second, in a heavily mineralised area 'paystreaks' and such will be hard to find at anything other than shallow depths and will tend to be obscured because of other concentrations interfering. This is due to the ground being anything but uniform and often consisting of many large rocks/boulders at differing depths changing things up. If the ground was homogenous with the odd large rock creating an eddy, let's say, then I could see such a tool having 'some' utility, but I've yet to be in such a situation. Of course, I'm talking stream/river beds; there might very be other stuations where it would be useful. ..Willy. btw, the ground I hunt reads 84-86 on the MXT VDI , loaded with blacks and often with large bands/streaks on the surface.

Thank you for the input, my original thought was, that in a desert wash area this might work better, I too search stream beds and rivers and have come across to many obstacles where this would not be practical, random pan samples still maybe more efficient.

It's been quite awhile since I was in the field doing random pan samples. But I would definitely give the V3 a chance in the field especially around old tailings. I really miss my old prospecting addiction, and I really wish I'd had a V3 in some spots that I've been, I think it would work quite well in a dry wash situation, or just walking around some of the desert area's. I've entertained the idea of testing the V3 on some old magnetite samples I still have with gold mixed in, and I've got some pennyweight samples that might be interesting. But it really is something you have to try in a particular area, due to the mineralizations that you'll run into.

Most of what I learned in prospecting was from some old timers who really knew what they were doing, and theres a lot of common sense involved with respect to where you look, and what you look for. (e.g. flocculation effects, eddys, bedrock concentration points, and all those little extras that make a difference) I hope you have some luck!!

What I'd really like to find out is how the V3 handles really tough and variable ground while prospecting. Seen some reports that it rivals the GMT in regards to small gold sensitivity. Haven't read much from anyone using one for nugget hunting. Would be interesting to see how one stacks up against an MXT. ..Willy.