Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prospecting with the AT Gold

Todd Pickens

I went out again to try and find some gold with the AT Gold. I was on a private ranch today
that was one big quartz dome. I have panned gold from every draw around this hill, but still no
nuggets. I ran my machine in AM with sens. set with just one bar off. My GB ran from a low of 36
up to 75. The machine ran smooth and quiet. I realy thought that there was more iron here but I
guess not. This hill is a big dome of quartz shot right through schist, there is also some hickory sandstone all around and it is loaded with iron. I only dug 4 targets today and all were lead.
Here are some pics of what the ground looks like.
2011-10-11135016.jpg

2011-10-11135043.jpg

That sure does look promising. Is there any mining history around that area or Geological surveys that might give more information?

The Spanish were here mining Silver and Gold and there was an active mine back before WWII.
There is no real modern exploration being done because everything is private property.
I know that there is one active mine west of here and they are leaching gold out of the Hickory Sandstone. There is gold here you just dont have many places to go look.