Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Psssssssddddd

arizonaames

I went out hunting again this am and the MXT started crackling again and got so noisy, I could not hunt with it. I drove the 30 odd miles back home, ate, and tested it out again and it worked fine. This am there was a lot of dew and I was using the 10 inch dd coil that was on the MXT the last time that I had a similar problem. When it either dried out or the AMXT cooled off, it was back to normal. It is difficult to duplicate. I disconected the coil electrically and physically when it happened and that did nothing when it was reconected. Any suggestions........????

Is there anyone that lives near you with an MXT that maybe you could go out put your coil on their machine to see if you can duplicate what your experiencing.

Might be coil problem..
Try detecting with it in shallow water.

set the toggle to 'Ground' and let the MXT track to the ground, o did you 'Lock' the tracking circuitry? If you locked it, did you simply turn the detector On and then move the toggle to 'Lock' before a good GB was established?

If you did the latter, Locking' the unit after start-up before pumping the coil to establish a good Ground Balance, then you light well have locked the MXT with a too-negative G B and that would cause a lot of falsing when searching over most moderately to heavy mineralization.

If this wasn't the cause, I would have to say there was some sort of EMI causing the problems.

Monte

I had the same problem before when the coil was wet with wet grass and dew in the early morning. I now have a 6x10 dd that I will take with me so that when it happens again and I cannot resolve it, I will change coils to eliminate theunit or the coil. I cannot think of anything else to do. It is one or the other.....the MXT or the coils. I remember reading somewhere that sometimes the 10 inch dd had problems with a bad shield and that might be what it is. When the humidity or moisture becomes great, it causes the coil to become chatty to the point of not being able to use it.

arizonaames said:
I had the same problem before when the coil was wet with wet grass and dew in the early morning. I now have a 6x10 dd that I will take with me so that when it happens again and I cannot resolve it, I will change coils to eliminate theunit or the coil. I cannot think of anything else to do. It is one or the other.....the MXT or the coils. I remember reading somewhere that sometimes the 10 inch dd had problems with a bad shield and that might be what it is. When the humidity or moisture becomes great, it causes the coil to become chatty to the point of not being able to use it.

Retested it this am and it got chatty again. I changed coils without shuting it off and the results were the same. I shut it off and moved to another site, turned it on, and it was ok for awhile and then became a little chatty again. I think that I will send in the MXT and 10 inch dd coil together to Whites to have them look at it when it freezes here. It is still under warrantee.....I did find a very, very, large man's silver ring that came in at a solid 94 VDI and I found a wee child's ring and it came in at a solid 74 VDI. Now both would have been considered twist tops. What gave it away was there was no drift...it stayed at the VDI regardless of position of the coil.

The same as usual. The MXT was never affected by power lines. It has something to do with moisture in the am due to a problem in the box or coil (s). We are not talking about normal chatty. This is a deafening chattiness.

My mxt did this but only in this certain area, to make a long story short with a little detective work I discovered that there were underground power lines, a main feed to be exact that cut the center of the area
I could not get a ground bal until I walked way away and then locked it

It did it to some extent today with the 6x10. I will wait until cold weather....another week here....and send it in to be repaired. It is under warantee.....jim

jog said:
Any overhead power lines nearby?

I went back to the same area with the 6x9 dd coil and sure enough, it started cattering again. As soon as I left the area it calmed down. It must be reacting to the overhead power EMF. I did not have the same problem before in another city. The EMF there must be affectin the coil and the 10 inch dd is even more sensitive. I will have to change coils and try the 10 inch dd coil there as well.