Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulling tabs at my favorite spot, and a few coins

Bucksport

Went over to my "goto" spot today for a bit. Only had an hour, but decided to give the Eurotek pro some leg work. I consistently pull the older tabs from this ball field. It never disappoints me :)
I was impressed when I got a good "zinc" number. It was solid, so I dug it. First thing that popped up around 5" was one of the round foil things. Pinpointed again to make sure that was all. Below that was a green encrusted mem penny, and sitting directly below that was the larger rusty nail. This is my second season with this machine, and it continues to impress me :)
HH all
D737927A-3004-4CC6-AB0C-5A920B53EC0A_zpsv92sy4rz.jpg

I can't enough about this machine , it just produces consistently !! I love mine!! HH

I'm looking at one as backup to my F70

By gosh I'd get one myself if it burned dubbleA's....it seems to be a very good rig, priced right...etc...its just that I use dubbleA's in everything around here, from the garage door to the smoke alarms....:sadwalk:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
By gosh I'd get one myself if it burned dubbleA's....it seems to be a very good rig, priced right...etc...its just that I use dubbleA's in everything around here, from the garage door to the smoke alarms....:sadwalk:
Mud
C'mon mud, one 9 volt won't break the bank :) You know you want one.

Have you figured out how to tell the difference between beaver tails/pull tabs and coins on the ETPro? Just curious

bubbadirect said:
Have you figured out how to tell the difference between beaver tails/pull tabs and coins on the ETPro? Just curious
I am going to say yes on this.
A solid 57 is almost always a nickel
A bouncing 57-59 is almost always a stay tab
A bouncing 60-63 is almost always a beaver tab, unless the ring is partially crushed, then the numbers fall lower towards the stay tab range
A 77-78 is usually a zinc penny
A 84 is usually a copper penny or a dime
A 89-90 is usually a quarter
This is from my one year experience with the Eurotek.
Notice I used the words "almost always" and "usually"? These are the standard words to use because of soil variances.

Thank you very much for this information Bucksport! Are you setting your disc higher or no?

Thanks again

Glad I can help.
I have my disc saved at 50. To me that is a good cherry picking setting. I will occasionally change it depending on the location.
Usually at the end of a hunt I set it up to about 77, that way I get the VCO on zinc pennies. I am usually lazy and tired at that point, so I skip them :)