Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulltab vs nickel

beachguy777

:DGot a new Quatro about a month ago, love it so far, got a few questions. When I'm in ferrous audo, coin mode, (cross saved) , thankyou Andy, for the wonderful book, but I still can't hear the difference audioly between a #14 i.d. nickel and a #14pull tab. Am I missing sojmething here or is that just the way it is. I can hear the difference on a #14 bottle cap, it sounds way higher pitch than the nickel and still reads 14. What up???.. Any takers.?

What kind of headphones are you using? I can hear the difference with my Black Widow phones. Also, I suppose you've tried Conductive? You may like that better for the beach. Or not. It's a preference.

Most audio variances are had in the pinpoint mode this mode is more influenced by weight. Do some experimenting as a gold ring or nickel just weighs a heck of a lot more than a tab and in my neck of the woods they now have a new tab that will hit dead nickel everytime..Those that experiment in the field and have good phones will surely excell. No 100 % way to tell, but you sure can cut down the odds...