Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulltabs

Raoul

Hi guys i have a question for you from a friend of mine who goes under the name pinpointer, he would like to know if all pulltabs show up as a bad target.. Cheers Raoul

That depends on what settings you're using. They pretty consistently VDI low (high teens or low twenties), so if you're rejecting low VDI numbers, then yes, they'll be rejected. If you're accepting low numbers, then naturally, they will be accepted. You can use the frequency response to help decide whether it's a pulltab or a nickel.

Can someone post a graph of a nickel and a graph of a typical pull tab.....pull tabs can be all shapes and sizes and bent etc.....what type of "signature" are you looking for with a pull tab?

If you have any hopes of gold rings,you'll be digging some pull tabs.:biggrin:

Yes, I realize that from the Minelab (why the heck can't they build a machine yet that can tell the difference between aluminum and gold in the ground anyway), butI would at least want to be able to tell the difference between a nickeland a pull tab.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,936081,936265#msg-936265

Jason in TN had done some testing. It was in air rather than in ground. Pulltabs seem to have the annoying habit of looking like good targets though.

Any ideas on why we still have such a hard time telling gold from aluminum in the ground - such very different metals - surely there must be some sort of signature that gets transmitted from the induced signal. Have you guys tried any heavy duty DSP algos that might detect a difference?

It's not something we haven't been trying to figure out (how to tell the difference). But, the signatures really do come in very similarly and when ground is added in the mix, it's just better to let the operator figure out what is best in their own ground. I personally don't know why they are so similar, but maybe Carl can answer that one.

Was fun to do i had one of the first Visions. Headed back to the beach hope to be able to post some gold finds next week.

Jason