Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulltabs

I was detecting last week in an area with lots of the old beaver tail type pull tabs. Does anyone remember the year that they stopped using that type and went to the newer ones?

Great question and great link. . A factor at my spots is the large amount of Gopher activity that has gone on for years and some pretty dedicated slob Beer drinkers . The tail parts that are separated from the ring play hell with me sometimes . Depending on the slant that they are in , in the ground they can be all over the ID gauge. The tone can either sound like a good nickel or ring or like a penny/dime . My spots have so few targets that I now dig everything . There is one spot I hunt that has one little area which contains so many pull tabs and pop tops that it is unbelievable . I have tried many detector and coil combos over the years and gotten an occasional silver ( but none in quite awhile now) . I have spent many hours there digging everything hoping to pull out a gold ring but it is always junk . One day ( if it ever comes ) and I'm feeling really inspired I may start on a mission to clean that place out . I keep thinkin there has to be something good there that's being masked .

Interesting question and thanks for the answer Scott.

Keep digging those old pull-tabs and you could find yourself an old gold ring. If there's old beaver tail tabs, there's a good possibility there's some other old items, coins, etc..

HH,
Nancy

Thanks for the reply, Scott and Nancy. I am fairly certain that they were still being made in 1967 as I remember making a chain with them about that time. Now all we need is a way to make them disappear and to educate the beer drinkers not to break off the square tabs! Yesterday I dug a fairly shallow clad dime that rang in at 22 to 30 I think because of the heavy layer of magnetite. No other metal object was near by.

I totally agree with today's beer tabs! :crylol: