Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pulse delay

I have just purchased my first pulse detector a whites surf pi is there anyway i can improve this detector to make in go deeper and make it more sensitive to gold.

Be aware that when you decrease Pulse Delay you also increase sensitivity towards smaller foil. And you lose some sensitivity to iron nails. Which is a good thing. At 15us is still not low enough to find the really small gold jewelry, its a all around good setting. If you want the real small stuff you need to drop the Pulse Delay down to about 10us. If your hunting saltwater 15us is good, as you go lower than 10, you'll start getting noise from the salt environment. The Surfmaster Pi is a good detector learn with. Did you make sure you got the diving search coil? If you got the Surf coil, it will float and fold up. About 9 years ago, I learned the hard way and had to make a weight to hold the coil down. And make a bracket to hold it in place. Got hooked on Pi's when I found a 14kt white gold and 22kt gold ring.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 262
  • picoil2.JPG
    picoil2.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 250
  • mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 279
  • PIB.JPG
    PIB.JPG