Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PULSE DETECTOR DEPTH

Carl, when might we expect to receive more information?
Maybe next year.
I'm really looking for a PI with iron discrimination capabilities.:detecting:

lytle78 said:
The US 5 cent piece "nickel" is a pretty good standard. Rings are hopeless - no two are alike.

???????????????????????????????

Rick, you have hit the nail on the head. [size=x-large]STANDARD TARGET.[/size]

This thread isn't worth a carrot, unless it's contributors relate to a standard for the target, coil-size, and power of the TX pulse.

There are several other factors as you well know.......PRF, Coil diameter, the actual machine and its setting, and the absolute status of the search-location.

So all comments must be accepted with their individual compliance to those basic requirements......a very demanding standard, but anything less means the contribution is subjective.......matt

LE.JAG said:
Hi,

what type of targets do you use
I test in this moment the last prototype Fisher / manta

I have never had a more stable PI
at 7us I can lower the SAT to less than 10% on wet sand
the more compact it is, the smoother the signal

18 inches = 45 cm // is possible, everything depends on the target and the metal
with the old version, I had obtained big rings 18k 15/20 gr
at about 40cm = 15.5 inches

we would need one or more targets
that everyone can find, anywhere in the world
low conductor, of course
someone has an idea for the target

When might we expect to see some information on the Manta. All has gotten very quite about this machine after the youtube demonstration. But I'm interested.......

Hi,

it's not really a manta anymore
now a Fischer :blowup:

the devellopement team is working, now on the mechanical part
the box and the rest ....
the coill takes a lot of work, nobody has ever produced a coil
'' in large series '' able to start at 7us and can be less
you have to wait for the first tests of the final version

meanwhile, my last outing, a woman's bracelet
light, 4.2 gr 18 K
obtained in a compact and wet black sand, about 20/25 cm
a very light sound, 6.5 us !!!!!!!!!!
with a very slow sweep, gold digger mode

I do not know, if he saw the clasp 18k too
or one of the rings, since theoretically
on a bracelet or a chain the detector sees only a piece

on this specific case, I think there are only three detectors capable of taking this target
and not sure that the other two would have had

Many will be blown away by the performance of this machine
we get a sensitivity on gold that I have never seen
but again, we have to wait ...

I use detectors calibrate to less than 8 us
for several years, the modified 5c and the different version of Alexandre manta
if you have never used, a detector working at 7us and less
you have trouble visualizing what difference can make

I assure you, she is huge ...........;)

Thank you Le Jag for this update on the new Fisher PI. I am anxiously awaiting the release of this detector and will be purchasing one as soon as it is released.
Also, thank you for your contribution to the advancement of PI technology. It is long overdue.

Development programs, including long lead time mechanical parts always take longer than is impatient enthusiasts wish that they would.

The new Fisher PI will appear. When that will happen, what it will be called and what it will cost are things which even First Texas’ Management probably don’t know for sure at this point.

Wat does seem reasonably clear is that the design offers performance never before demonstrated in a beach/underwater detector. The smooth operation in moving salt water at very short pulse delays means that it will find a whole category of targets not detectable in salt water by ANY detector on the market - small low conductors like gold chains, charms, earrings, and especially white gold items even of larger size. Add to that a useful level of iron discrimination and a real breakthrough will occur.

Hello,
some recent catch with the Fisher Manta
on 8 tides
almost gold, once in two

the 7us brings extraordinary sensitivity on the yellow metal

record, featherweight 18k = 0.4 gr

6666 said:
And just how did you get hold of one of these Fisher Manta's ?

I test the cards, for Alexandre
the engineer (French) who imagined manta

http://www.mantametaldetectors.com/about/

+ a video of 2016, the latest version is even better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g

That's amazing. Now we need a relic machine for land hunting.

LE.JAG said:

we would need one or more targets
that everyone can find, anywhere in the world
low conductor, of course
someone has an idea for the target

Would small lead fishing weights be a good universal test target to give an idea of what depth a detector will find gold?

The small round ones I find weigh approx 1.63 grams. If that's too heavy then I'd think they could easily be cut in half. They could be easily hammered flat if necessary.

[attachment 358878 leadtesttarget.JPG]

Try a standard Bic plastic ball point pen medium tip - small brass tip with 1mm tungsten carbide ball. Steve Herschbach has used it for years as a standard for testing gold detectors - also easy to stick in the sand and hard to lose. - and, of course available everywhere.

Google Steve Herschbach bic pen and read what he has to say about it. It apparently behaves a very low conductive target. It presents in interesting test of the cut-off setting of a detector with iron discrimination - Might ve interesting for Manta

Here’s the results one guy got with his nugget detector on various targets (the POINT - lol - is to show how tough a target the pen tip is....)

”Bic Pen-3/4" 1/2 Grain (not gram) nugget 1" 1.3 gram nugget 5" . One tenth oz gold coin 8 1/2"..

timmysys said:
Le JAG:
What is the garbage/ good target rate usually with Manta?

sorry for the delay, I had not seen this post ..
I do not dig iron
unless I clean an area

it's hard to give a figure / something is on
you will dig much more lead
stainless steel, brass, aluminum ...

since it is deeper than the others

and automatically = more gold
which is often at the bottom
there is much more gold under the sand than most can imagine

my last outings

I did both of Reg Sniff's suggested mods to my 2013 model TDI SL. I also use a 16v battery pack. I was testing it yesterday on pieces of nickel. I buried a 1 gram piece at 6", and a 1.84 gram piece at 10". The TDI saw both with the 7.5"DF coil, and the 8 x6 NF Sadie coil. The 12"DF coil could only see the 1 grammer....same for the Super Pulse 14" 350. The signal on the 1.84 grammer was faint, but repeatable. I'd definitely have dug it in the field.
Jim

i have modified my tdi pro to work at 8 uS and find it very good on small gold items,but when im on the dry sand the detector responds to some of the most tiny bits of junk which sometimes are difficult to see,which can be very frustrating.

At 8uS it will see tiny foil junk. 8uS Pulse Delay is a key factor to find tiny gold, but tiny foil is the drawback.