Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PulseDive Pieces Missing?

RavRad

Hi All,

I just got a new Pulse Dive in the mail, and had two quick questions for any of you that have the $160 kit with both coil and pinpointer.

The manual says it should have two endcaps, one for land for better volume and one for diving. Mine only came with one, which going by the manual pictures is the diving endcap. But going by the picture on the outside of the case is the land use endcap, so confilicting information based on the manual and sticker outside the case.

Also, mine didn't include a dustcap for the pinpointer end. Is that normal now, or should that have been included? I only ask because sometimes companies make production changes but don't change the actual manual/materials to match, so checking what other's experience was.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

EDIT: So based on this picture of what the land use end cap looks like, that definitely wasn't included with my kit. Link to endcap for reference: https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessoire/pulsedive-battery-compartment-cover-for-land-use/

Last edited:
What’s funny is the end cap shown on the case’s sticker for land use doesn’t match the end cap shown on Nokta’s website. This one has small holes inside the center, which wasn’t in my kit
2A98FC90-5224-4B77-8907-012F341A7C34.jpeg

you have the water end cap. you are missing the land end cap with holes for the speaker... I would contact the seller/dealer. I have one of these and like it. It's my go-to pinpointer.

Thank you for confirming that RVA_Digger. I did reach out to them via their contact form but didn't hear back yet, so just tried emailing them. I've heard their support is great so I'm sure they can just mail that cap out. I like the pointer a lot, I'm going to give it a dirt run this week and see how I like it compared to the FPulse which is my main.

FWIW I realized I still have the closed cap on mine from last summer water hunting. Works fine on land, plenty of beep. I don’t even see the need for an end cap with holes. It’ll just let dirt in imo.

RVA_Digger:
FWIW I realized I still have the closed cap on mine from last summer water hunting. Works fine on land, plenty of beep.
I don’t even see the need for an end cap with holes. It’ll just let dirt in imo.

You have better hearing than I do. With the solid waterproof cap on, I can't hear the audio response when land-hunting. I need to use the land-based end-cap with the holes in order to hear the audio response. The Pulse-Dive Pinpointer is a terrific pinpointer, and louder than most I've ever owned or tried..

RVA_Digger:
FWIW I realized I still have the closed cap on mine from last summer water hunting. Works fine on land, plenty of beep.
I don’t even see the need for an end cap with holes. It’ll just let dirt in imo.

You have better hearing than I do. With the solid waterproof cap on, I can't hear the audio response when land-hunting. I need to use the land-based end-cap with the holes in order to hear the audio response. The Pulse-Dive Pinpointer is a terrific pinpointer, and louder than most I've ever owned or tried..
Same for me! I use hearing aids and the cap with the holes are a must for me. The OP should contact the seller/dealer and this should be resolved.

Just to follow up with everyone, I reached out to Nokta Makro who replied back to contact the US service facility. That's actually something Nokta can do better, list the service contact information on your website, as it took a couple of days for them to respond back to me to contact the US service center.

Anyhoo, I gave them the serial # of the unit and hopefully the end cap with the holes is on the way, I haven't received any confirmation yet that it shipped. I have artillery ears from my time as a gun bunny in the Army, so the diving end cap is really hard for me to hear with headphones on while detecting.

Hi All,

I just got a new Pulse Dive in the mail, and had two quick questions for any of you that have the $160 kit with both coil and pinpointer.

The manual says it should have two endcaps, one for land for better volume and one for diving. Mine only came with one, which going by the manual pictures is the diving endcap. But going by the picture on the outside of the case is the land use endcap, so confilicting information based on the manual and sticker outside the case.

Also, mine didn't include a dustcap for the pinpointer end. Is that normal now, or should that have been included? I only ask because sometimes companies make production changes but don't change the actual manual/materials to match, so checking what other's experience was.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

EDIT: So based on this picture of what the land use end cap looks like, that definitely wasn't included with my kit. Link to endcap for reference: https://www.noktadetectors.com/accessoire/pulsedive-battery-compartment-cover-for-land-use/
If you received it as a promotional item it doesn't include everything just the basics.If you were to purchase it as a separate item which comes in a hardcase with all the xtras.

If you received it as a promotional item it doesn't include everything just the basics.If you were to purchase it as a separate item which comes in a hardcase with all the xtras.

Mine was the retail version in the hard case. Still haven’t heard back from Nokta support on if they sent it. I’m not having a world class support experience like I’ve read about others having.

Mine was the retail version in the hard case. Still haven’t heard back from Nokta support on if they sent it. I’m not having a world class support experience like I’ve read about others having.
Well that stinks! For 160.00 you should have everything.

RavRad,:

Nokta / Makro does provide excellent service and support. I've dealt with them for over 5 years and haven't a complaint. I do know that they are a major manufacturer with service world-wide and an issue such as this, a Pinpointer missing a speaker-active cap, is not a world-class marketing issue for the manufacturer, but instead should be handled first, directly with the dealer you acquired it from. If the dealer makes no effort to resolve the problem, then that needs to be called to the attention of both consumers as well as Nokta / Makro. The 2nd step would be to contact the Service Center. Not only regarding a missing part, but also to make them aware of a dealer who didn't sell you a complete product package and also failed to remedy the issue.

Who did you purchase it from? If you haven't used it and are not satisfied with the product, I'll trade you straight across for a brand new, in-the-box Tek-Point Pinpointer. I could use a 2nd Pulse-Dive Pinpointer for family and friends to use and as a 'back-up' device.

Monte

RavRad,:

Nokta / Makro does provide excellent service and support. I've dealt with them for over 5 years and haven't a complaint. I do know that they are a major manufacturer with service world-wide and an issue such as this, a Pinpointer missing a speaker-active cap, is not a world-class marketing issue for the manufacturer, but instead should be handled first, directly with the dealer you acquired it from. If the dealer makes no effort to resolve the problem, then that needs to be called to the attention of both consumers as well as Nokta / Makro. The 2nd step would be to contact the Service Center. Not only regarding a missing part, but also to make them aware of a dealer who didn't sell you a complete product package and also failed to remedy the issue.

Who did you purchase it from? If you haven't used it and are not satisfied with the product, I'll trade you straight across for a brand new, in-the-box Tek-Point Pinpointer. I could use a 2nd Pulse-Dive Pinpointer for family and friends to use and as a 'back-up' device.

Monte

Monte, you do realize that you're experience doesn't equate to everything that anyone ever purchased from them? Let's explore some facts, and areas that Nokta Makro could improve in the area of customer improvement. I don't know anyone but an absolute fanboy that doesn't think an entity can improve in something.

1. The PusleDive kit is factory sealed with zip ties in both the lock points. In my case, it was also drop-shipped, as have been almost all of my detector purchases the past 5 years from a number of different dealers, so it's not like they had the opportunity to look into the package, which is factory sealed again. In this case, the dealer offered to replace it with another one and have me ship it back, as they don't have a way to order single missing pieces and have it billed accordingly so they are reimbursed for warranty work. I believed that to be unnecessary, and ACCORDING to Nokta Makro's own website the dealer should be contacted for technical issues only, any other warranty or support had to go through them. And when Nokta Makro replied, they as the manufacturer didn't say "Go to the dealer". Dealer provided service in the age of dropshipping where almost all of them are middlemen with distributors is antiquated and unnecessary beyond technical support and operation. Plus, I don't know of any manufacturer that would want to process a return of an opened product that is missing a sub $1 part, hence why nearly everything you buy has instructions to contact the manufacturer if you are missing pieces.

2. Fact 2, Nokta Makro's website is lacking the necessary information to process warranty/support work quickly. If there are country-specific warranty providers, they should list them on their website so you can skip an unnecessary process of waiting on them to tell you they don't actually handle support and give you the proper contact information. It's unnecessary and bad business. I may be in the minority, but I don't like driving to point B to get the address to my destination at point C. Nokta Makro could easily fix this with 10 minutes of time and a quick update to their support page.

3. If I had wanted a third FPulse, I would have bought one. Thankfully, I just got off the phone with Van from their US Service and have the missing endcap coming in the mail as of a couple of minutes ago, so I consider this resolved. 6 days from first contact to resolve, not the worst customer support experience I've ever had but doesn't live up to how I define the "world-class" part of their reputation. It's not bad enough to shy me off the brand, but certainly isn't First Texas/Fisher level of service, where the website has clear concise information and I have an RMA in 5 minutes after talking to someone.

4. You say that you dealt with them for over 5 years and haven't had a complaint. Unless you had the worst luck ever, you had maybe one defect or issue, possibly two at best? I wouldn't call one or two experiences synonymous with their global operations. Anecdotal evidence is all it is, an anecdote, same as mine.