Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PULSES FROM THE PAST

Eric Foster

This is the first belt mounted underwater P.I. that I made. It was a 'one off' and made for a professional diver who was searching for a valuable platinum ring with several diamonds. It was lost off the end of a pier somewhere in the UK, but I can't remember where.
The ring was found, and that is it sitting in the middle of the coil. Date about 1970.

Eric.

That design looks very familiar.......:)

Yes, I guess that led to the Aquapulses 1 and 2. I will post some pictures of early versions of those shortly. Prior to that was the Aquatec which was very popular with divers.

Eric.

Here is the Aquatec C410 with a picture taken on a wreck site in the Azores in 1977. The long object near the rear diver is a cannon.

This is one of my favourite detectors. It ran off D cells in the sealed top shaft under the main housing and had an illuminated meter as well as audio on a bone phone. A photocell controlled the meter light so it only came on when the light level fell.

This detector was used in the offshore industry to locate wellheads that had been buried, tools that had fallen off oil rigs, as well as wreck surveys. The Aquatec was tested to the equivalent of 300ft in water depth but it was very labour intensive to make. Many were made but I have never seen one on the second hand market. If anyone comes across one, let me know.

Eric.

I've showed this before but it fits in somewhere in your list. D cell batteries in the tube and a bone phone. This was used in the Mel Fisher era.
Aquasport

ROBOCOP

Hi Robocop,

Their was 3 of these in Australia in the early eightys. The first one i bought took it home turned it on and bang went the electronics. Alan Hassell had one.I took mine back the next day and got the demo model off the wall and my mate is still using it to this day One good thing if a battery exploded it was completely seperate from the electronics. And it did happen to me .A great detector.

Regards Below2doe.

Hi I have a Eric Foster PPDI detector which I am trying to restore, missing it top battery cover, do the eight batteries go into the shaft positive or negative first. I think it is negative but I am not sure . has anyone have a top cover for this type of detector, or could I use a 11.1 volt lippo battery?/ Regards Keith Stephens

Eric,

Here is a pulse story from the past which involves you. I'm a fan of the Detector Pro Head Hunter Pulse detector which is no longer in production. I own several.

My favorite one is the older black model that was hardwired to the headset. Mine has a custom coil that I believe you personally made and was hardwired by Mr. Bill Crabtree.
This one is especially stable and crisp and when I told this to Gary Storm he said it's probably because of the quality of the coil.

My other Pulses are the more modern tan ones with the stock Detector Pro proprietary headset connectors. I bought three of these connectors from Gary with the thought that maybe someday I could find a coil maker who could duplicate the quality of your coil. These connectors are not cheap and are a real nice piece of hardware.

I remember a post you made back in 2003 that the HHPI coil was made to the standard of an inductance of 1 milihenry and a resistance of 10 ohms.
Is there anyone building coils to that level of quality now? Do you still have the knack?

I also own a White's TDI that I use on the beach and it is a very good machine but the smoothness of my black pulse is amazing.

Here's some pics.

Thanks,

ROBOCOP

Buenas tardes ROBOCOP, me interesa mucho lo que cuenta del detector Head Hunter Pro Detector, yo en estos momentos estoy usando una vieja CS7, PI. Me gustaria poder hablar con Ud, de donde puedo conseguir un detector como el suyo, o una maquina de Eric, que sea Aquastar o parecida. Ya se que es dificil de conseguir :confused:. He intentado conseguir la direccion de Eric Foster , pero de momento no tengo exito.

Un Saludo, a ROBOCOP, y Eric.

Angel Maata said:
Buenas tardes ROBOCOP, me interesa mucho lo que cuenta del detector Head Hunter Pro Detector, yo en estos momentos estoy usando una vieja CS7, PI. Me gustaria poder hablar con Ud, de donde puedo conseguir un detector como el suyo, o una maquina de Eric, que sea Aquastar o parecida. Ya se que es dificil de conseguir :confused:. He intentado conseguir la direccion de Eric Foster , pero de momento no tengo exito. Un Saludo, a ROBOCOP, y Eric.

AM, forum rules, English only. But meanwhile here's a translation.
Good afternoon ROBOCOP, I'm very interested in the story you tell about the HH Pro detector. These days I'm using an old CS7 PI. I'd like to be able to speak with you, where I could obtain a detector like yours, or an Eric machine, the Aquastar or something like that. I know it's difficult to get one. "confused". I'd intended to get Eric Foster's address, but as yet no success. Salutations to ROBOCOP and Eric. **************

I believe there is a lot to be learned from some of the first PI machines, possibly an idea could flourish into a new line of PI's. BFO, etc.