Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Put a NEL Tornado coil on AT Gold. Found silver but ...

Pete4AU

I can't screw the coil down tight enough for my liking. The slot in the NEL coil where the bottom shaft attaches is not flexable at all. I have the coil screwed on very tight but it is still loose! Any ideas will be appreciated. I did try adding another rubber shaft washer to the outside of the slot but that did not help at all. Even with the coil loose and me learning the AT Gold, only had it a week, I found silver. Will make a video and post it after tomorrows hunt.

Thanks and all the best

Pete4AU

My Sharpshooter is the same way. Maybe not quite as loose as yours, but I am a ground brusher, so its not a real problem for me. HH jim tn

I try to find the sweet spot so the coil can easily be flexed by pushing it on the ground for when I want to change the angle, like for reaching under playground equipment, or hunting on a slope, even stowing in the car, I fold the coil up a bit..... I've put some little plastic washers made out of a plastic milk jug or something similar between the coil ears and the shaft...with a pair of scissors and a paper hole punch you can make them up quickly and add as many as you need (between the coil ears and the shaft)...they allow you to set the tension on the coil bolt to what you like for your coil to be firm, but still have a little give..thin rubber washers work too, but they grip so tight, they dont allow a smooth coil transition when a guy wants to change the angle of it.....also taping the coil wire to the shaft 6" above the coil keeps everything somewhat right...every once in a while, like once per week, a guy has to reach down and tighten the coil bolt since it has a way of working itself loose because of changing the coil angle all the time...a little loose is probably better than too tight...cant have it flopping, but dont want it too stiff....
Mud

Good tip Mud,

I've got a milk jug in one hand and scissors in the other while excitedly typing with my nose!

Watch for video of the hunt.

Thanks and take care

Pete

Oh, hey Pete, make sure the milk jug is EMPTY first! :rofl: Good Luck, will be here waiting on your vids!:clapping:
Mud

Please keep us informed how you like that Tornado coil cause I'm debating on getting one myself!