Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Put a new coil on my Excal today.

[size=medium][/size]i went with my friend across the street to kellycos yesterday and i bought a new coil for the excal and the girl their said that alot of the people are putting these on they are called the SEF coil, all i got to do now is try it out when the weather is right, here's a picture of it, it's a 10x 12. Harold

Looks good! I'll probably doing that myself sometime in the next few weeks.

Did you hard wire it? Or run a waterproof plug?

Hardwired it, i think i should of ran connectors but i can always do that anyway now if i decide to. Harold

n/t

[size=large][/size]Will do El i'm waiting for the wind to change so i can get out deep and try it. Harold

It won't float as I've used the 15x12 in the water and that was fine, but I found it had too much drag for my tastes....But then again I tend to sweep a little faster than most Excal or Sovereign owners. So far as I know you are the first I've seen in the forums to put one on an Excal. Here's hoping it's not going to cause too much drag. I have a 12x10 now but have yet to try it in the water. So far the 10" Tornado is my coil for water hunting but I plan to try the 12x10 next time out to see. If it turns out to be too much drag then that would mean the S-12 would probably be the best choice in a water coil bigger than the 10" coil without causing too much drag. On land I prefer the 12x10 as it appears to go deeper, seperate better, run more stable, and give crisper sounds. Let us know how you like the 12x10 in the water.