Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Put together a connector and headphones for my Simplex.

ejudasf

Now I don't have to use that little headphone cable adapter.

Purchased a 90 degree M12 connector from Amazon. It is a waterproof type and was pretty cheap. It came with the smallest allen wrench I have ever seen.

I also bought some used Garrett Headphones for $22.00 form a website in Texas. It worked out great! the headphones are NOT waterproof, but the connector is.

The audio is LOUD. It can be too loud. I was thinking I should just turn up the volume on the Simplex, all the way, and only use the volume on the headphones. I don't know if this is an advantage or not. It is just a thought.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• ms-2.symplx.jpg
    ms-2.symplx.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 139
Now I don't have to use that little headphone cable adapter.

Purchased a 90 degree M12 connector from Amazon. It is a waterproof type and was pretty cheap. It came with the smallest allen wrench I have ever seen.

I also bought some used Garrett Headphones for $22.00 form a website in Texas. It worked out great! the headphones are NOT waterproof, but the connector is.

The audio is LOUD. It can be too loud. I was thinking I should just turn up the volume on the Simplex, all the way, and only use the volume on the headphones. I don't know if this is an advantage or not. It is just a thought.

Thanks for reading.
I read somewhere years ago; don't remember where, that one should max volume output from detector control box. The idea in the article I read stated that maxing out the detector volume would leave less chance of missing small or on edge targets. You would then be able to moderate what volume works for you through the headphones and trust the main box (detector) would in its own right, chime out on those iffy targets. I dunno, but this is the way I have ran my White's XLT back when, and any Tesoro's by maxing the sensitivity and/or volume. I found stuff but how would I know if this was the reason for the small bits of foil and small jewelry etc. or just walking over the right spot in the time continuum trance of waving my wizard stick (metal detector) over the magic carpet ride (dirt, soil, lawn, etc.) HH

nwdectorist

TOO MUCH DIRT - NOT ENUFF TIME